• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magazine Marketplace

83 posts in this topic

THAT IS A BEAUT! I NEVER KNEW WRIGHTSON's first art to appear in a comic was in the fan pages of CREEPY! So cool.

And a question to womever, anyone ever see one of these Epic Illustrated Sampler?

epicsampler.jpg

Youser doh! that auction closed at $616.66.

Is it my imagination or are vintage Warren's getting hotter by the month?

Well, I feel that book closed much much lower than it should have, I know Jarren does.

I'm the one that caused the price to close at what it did (I was the under-bidder with my 6 second snipe) so there's no telling what the winner's sniper was.

Overall though, you're right, Vampirella's are going for crazy money lately as I haven't won one in quite awhile that was already slabbed.

I'm glad to see these books getting the recognition they deserve. So many great artists appeared and others (like Wrightson) got started in Warren books. And then there's those amazing covers...

Hi magazine guys!

I usually deal with regular comics, so I thought I would I check in here to get some help. Recently, I was lucky enough to buy a perfect copy of Creepy #9. I sent it into CGC and it came back as a 9.8 OW/W. I saw that a 9.4 sold for $400.00, but no 9.6s have sold and there are no other 9.8s. So... what is a fair price for my 9.8?

Any thoughts would be appreciated (thumbs u

Hi magazine guys!

I usually deal with regular comics, so I thought I would I check in here to get some help. Recently, I was lucky enough to buy a perfect copy of Creepy #9. I sent it into CGC and it came back as a 9.8 OW/W. I saw that a 9.4 sold for $400.00, but no 9.6s have sold and there are no other 9.8s. So... what is a fair price for my 9.8?

Unfortunately probably not as high as you would expect.

GPA on a #10 in 9.8 is averaging about $227

Keep in mind also, people aren't slabbing Creepy's as often as say Vampirella, and some of the census numbers only have 1 or 2 copies per issue graded. That's not to say that they are rare, but only shows popularity versus slabbing fees.

You could probably throw it up on eBay and maybe see close to $350 for it is what I'm guessing and that's only because it's currently the only one in 9.8

My Savage Sword of Conan Annual in 9.8 got $275 on eBay last month (which was the highest price yet)

I bet if CGC offered a lower bulk-submissions price on magazine sized comics, there'd be a lot more people sending in these books to be slabbed. I know I have a BUNCH waiting for one of two things, mad money to burn foolishly, or CGC to offer a deal on bulk submissions.

Hi magazine guys!

I think if your patient you could expect $700 for this

Hi magazine guys!

Keep in mind also, people aren't slabbing Creepy's as often as say Vampirella, and some of the census numbers only have 1 or 2 copies per issue graded. That's not to say that they are rare, but only shows popularity versus slabbing fees.

You could probably throw it up on eBay and maybe see close to $350 for it is what I'm guessing and that's only because it's currently the only one in 9.8

My Savage Sword of Conan Annual in 9.8 got $275 on eBay last month (which was the highest price yet)

You're the culprit that relieved me of my hard earned cash! hm

Hi magazine guys!

Hey, at least you got free shipping with the Buy-it-now! (thumbs u

How come you haven't left me feedback! :whistle:

Hi magazine guys!

I think if your patient you could expect $700 for this

Nah, come on Jarren you know that's crazy money for a Creepy. You and I are part of the few that actually slab magazines regularly for our own collections and I will say this, I'll up my estimation to about $550 for it based solely on the 9.4 sale but first 9.4 sale for over $800 was just completely insane. Magazines although getting record prices more and more are also leveling out some. The only reason the old prices are so much higher in most cases is because so few were slabbed at the time.

We're not talking Skywalds here... we're talking Warren's premiere title. Even your Vampi 10 didn't get as much as surrounding issues in the same grade and we know my snipe helped! :acclaim:

Creepy 9 is also not a dark cover although it is a Frazetta so the potential for better presenting copies is a little higher IMO then say the 8 or 10

Throw it up on eBay Comicsarefun and let's see what happens. We can place an over/under bet on it! (thumbs u

The only reason the old prices are so much higher in most cases is because so few were slabbed at the time.

More like Chris Bell and Bill Hughes jacking up the prices on each other while they fought for every single high grade magazines. Both are gone now.

Hi magazine guys!

Hey, at least you got free shipping with the Buy-it-now! (thumbs u

How come you haven't left me feedback! :whistle:

Good point. :grin:

Gah! Can't believe I forgot to do that! My apologies - it has been rectified! (thumbs u

The only reason the old prices are so much higher in most cases is because so few were slabbed at the time.

More like Chris Bell and Bill Hughes jacking up the prices on each other while they fought for every single high grade magazines. Both are gone now.

Bill Hughes gone? He lives just a few miles from me.