• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Advice: Is Labor Day Sunday a Good Day for Comic Auctions on Ebay ?

24 posts in this topic

Every time I have had auctions ending on holidays (by forgetting they were coming up) my auctions tanked unless there were BIN's on them so they could sell in the week preceding to the weekend. I rarely list an item without a BIN so I have no idea what that would do without it.

In the end it will come down to what you are auctioning. If you are listing raw SA books you are going to lose out on eBay whether you end them on a holiday or not. If you are listing high demand CGC slabbed books you will do fine regardless of the date/timing in most cases. There is some seasonality to eBay, but with the increased use of sniping services most HG or key books will fetch a decent price whenever they end.

I wish I would have read this before listing more than 60 Amazing Spider-Man modern CGC comics with and end time on Friday night. With everybody leaving town, they just might tank. Feel free to kick down those "sympathy bids".

Please excuse this shamesless self-serving plug from the brothers at ComicsAreFun.