• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For 100K

33 posts in this topic

I'd buy myself a nice example by a couple of my favorite artists – and I'd invest the remaining 85KK.

(since I really don't consider my art an investment. ;) )

Please . . . visit a good dentist, and do something about those scary-looking teeth (I have in' nightmares about your avatar!) :grin:

I told you. That avatar really is disturbing.

Mind you, looking at yours . . .

Cover to Silver Surfer 3 and ASM 47 would be tops for me.

Burkey had the ASM 47 cover with him at Chicago Wizard World 2005...what a beauty up close. The art board outside the image area (all the "excess" art board) had been trimmed away when the previous owner framed it if I am remembering correctly, but it did not detract at all from how great that cover is.

Chris

$100,000 shopping spree for comic art?

NO Specific Order:

Locate the owners of the Covers:

ZAP #3 (Rick Griffin)

ZAP #4 (Moscoso)

"JOE BLOW" entire story from ZAP #4 (Crumb)

Awesome Amazing Spiderman Cover (Ditko or Romita)

Wally Wood EC Science Fiction Covers

WRIGHTSON Frankenstein Plate with Monster and Lab Scene

STERANKO 1973 SUPERGIRLS CALENDAR PLATES (Finish)

Save it until I could afford the Cover to ZAP #1 (Yes it does exist)

***Entire Collection of Illustration Plates by John Totleben*****

of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubaiyat_of_Omar_Khayyam

Upon graduation from the Joe Kubert School w/Mssrs Steven Bissette and Rick Vietch

John Totleben was commission by Comics Publisher/Editor Harry A. Chesler to illustrate the

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. this was Totleben's first art commission and he worked on this project for 3 years. It has never been published and it's whereabouts are unconfirmed but rumored to have been part of Chesler's personal Art Collection Which was donated to the Fairleigh-Dickenson University.

The same collection which the embattled Steranko Foom poster resided.

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2007/01/19/jim-steranko-is-peeved/

Well, after my $30K thread, Its a scary thought, but $100K will only buy you 3 top ASM Ditko interiors or perhaps a splash page. If I had a $100k I would buy 3 or 4 great Kirby hero splash pages. Perhaps a Thor, Cap piece. I mean top quality images, large drawn images, none of this small back of the head shots. I rather have that than a ASM interior, although I do like Spidey.

Clem..

Covers to both Conan the Barbarian 1 & 24 by Smith (as well as some other Smith Conan stuff to sweeten the deal) or cover & splash (the Good, the Bad & the Uncanny) to Silver Surfer 4 by Buscema/Buscema.

the splash page for ASM #12 I think went for 90-96k.

Well it was $80k on Mike Burkeys website but I can't imagine someone paying the full asking price as it was not a prime example. The ASM 9 or 6 are much better examples and I can see those splashes pushing for the $100K in cash & trade.

Clem..

Well it was $80k on Mike Burkeys website but I can't imagine someone paying the full asking price as it was not a prime example. The ASM 9 or 6 are much better examples and I can see those splashes pushing for the $100K in cash & trade.

Clem..

It was actually listed at $75K on Mikes site, so I would imagine it sold for less than that.

I'd buy myself a nice example by a couple of my favorite artists – and I'd invest the remaining 85KK.

(since I really don't consider my art an investment. ;) )

Please . . . visit a good dentist, and do something about those scary-looking teeth (I have in' nightmares about your avatar!) :grin:

Everyone's just gotta pick on my baby ... (shrug)

Clem..

It was actually listed at $75K on Mikes site, so I would imagine it sold for less than that.

Romitaman traded the splash at SD. After that, I don't know what happened to it. However, I seriously doubt it was then sold for anywhere near "$90-96K".