• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPAnalysis observation

28 posts in this topic

It's my observation that some of you on the boards like GPAnalysis due to the fact that you ask for data from it. Now some of you paying members are giving out the data for free which sort of defeats the purpose of the site.

So to you "cheapskates" out there sign up and support the website gathering this data.

You know I went to sign up for it the other day,....wanted to use the trial free-run first to see if it was something I would use more than once,...I went through the enrollment process and when it came time to log in it wouldn't accept the username/password I just registered five minutes ago,..tried again a day later...ziltch,..big turn-off for me,...don't think I'll be going back. sign-rantpost.gif

J.D.

Maybe you had caps lock or num lock on at the time?

Seriously, JD, give it a shot. I was NOT big on the idea of paying somebody a monthly fee to gather pricing data, but now that I've started using it, I can't imagine going back grin.gif

You know I went to sign up for it the other day,....wanted to use the trial free-run first to see if it was something I would use more than once,...I went through the enrollment process and when it came time to log in it wouldn't accept the username/password I just registered five minutes ago,..tried again a day later...ziltch,..big turn-off for me,...don't think I'll be going back. sign-rantpost.gif

J.D.

I emailed George for you JD... it could be something simple.

There really has not been any problems with the site.

The "sharing" of the data is to be expected to a degree, but hopefully those that request data from paying subscribers more frequently will see the value of having access themselves and will eventually join.

Those that subscribe will probably politely suggest to others to do so also IF the requests become too frequent. Once in a while is no biggie... but...

Just keep in mind that there is considerable time, effort and resources invested in GPAnalysis and any other service. At some point, if you rely on the information regularly, you should consider supporting the service officially.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Maybe you had caps lock or num lock on at the time?

Seriously, JD, give it a shot. I was NOT big on the idea of paying somebody a monthly fee to gather pricing data, but now that I've started using it, I can't imagine going back grin.gif

Thanks for sharing that Bronty.

Once you get used to having and benefiting from the data, it would be tough living without it. Especially when you experience first hand how the info can help guide your buying/selling decisions. It really pays for itself, even a few times over depending on how active you are.

Those curious should try the Free Trial Offer

I'm not a big player in the CGC market or anything, but I subscribed anyway for the free trial. It has saved my [!@#%^&^] from making a couple bad purchases already and has completely paid for itsself. I'd reccomend it to anyone.

And for the record I have no problem when forum members use GPAnalysis as a platform in making offers for my material. But again, please use it as one source of information to the offer you are making, check other sites for listed prices, etc. before you use the "Well, GPAnalysis is showing a downward" trend on that issue therefore my offer is this.

True. It is a tool... a guide... not "price/value gospel" by any means. It allows the buyer to have as much of the book's history as possible and an opportunity to review the facts before deciding what's best for him/her.

If I have a less offered item or HTF key for instance, and one sold for less than I want 6 months prior... that does not mean I'm selling for that or that a buyer should assume that IS the value period. There are many variables that effect the end price of any auction... (general timing, auction end time, seller rep/feedback, payment options, quality of the book, page quality, size/presence of the scan, etc.). On thinly traded books especially, that needs to be understood. Previous history is just one of the factors that needs to be considered.

On frequently traded items however (lets say 15 sold at an avg. of $100 in 2 months with minor fluctuations), I think the buyer should draw the line in the sand and use the data more religiously in that case to buy more intelligently.

If u visit www.heritagecomics.com, they offer a link to the FREE 1 month trial period for gp analysis. Basically tracks all publicly noted sales of cgc comics from completed eBay, Mastro, Heritage, mail order, etc. auctions. Not sure if it covers comicon cgc sales from respected big-time dealers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hi JD, our customer support has sent you an email on how to login, but I thought I would answer your question here also, hopefully to the benefit of any other collectors that have had a similar problem.

When you sign up through our web site, you will receive an email confirming your details. Within this email there is also a link you are asked to click on (for those in which the link does not appear as clickable, you can simply copy and paste it into your browser's address field).

Once you do this, you will be informed within the web page that your account is now active and you are able to login with your user ID/password combination.

We get users to do the above so that we can verify their contact details and make certain that any emails from us are sent to the correct account.

If you guys experience any issues, please feel free to contact our customer support team at subscriptions@gpanalysis.com. Simon, Nicholas and Chris are available most times to answer your questions or help you through with any problems.

Happy collecting.

I've had a paid subscription since they started. This service is a must have

for any serious collector - I rely more on GPAnalysis than on Overstreet

already. Real friendly service and great support, too.