• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the least expensive Marvel title to collect?

49 posts in this topic

The Sub-Mariner series that went to 75 or so is pretty cheap isn't it?

:mad:

I guess I made a mistake, sorry about that. I guess Sub-Mariner is considered bronze age. Please forgive a silver newb. I grew up in the copper/modern age :(

Just giving you a hard time! :baiting:

Doesn`t Iron Man #1 go for more than Captain America #100 in comparable grades? But, the main thing is that I assumed you had to go back to TOS 39 to say you had a truly complete Iron Man run, and that would be a very expensive venture!

Thanks for all responses. I'm currently trying to complete my Amazing Spider-man collection (have all issues from #70, missing 54). I'm not a high-grade CGC junkie, as I have said I don't buy slabbed comics, that's an insult to my nose! There are quite a few mentioning Sgt Fury, I too think it's an interesting title and love the Steranko art. I collect so many titles - Spidey, Daredevil, Hulk, almost anything Marvel (except Conan and Millie!) that it's kind of hard to decide what to focus on, especially with limited resources. Sgt Fury is a good choice and something I will consider.

Thanks for all responses. I'm currently trying to complete my Amazing Spider-man collection (have all issues from #70, missing 54). I'm not a high-grade CGC junkie, as I have said I don't buy slabbed comics, that's an insult to my nose! There are quite a few mentioning Sgt Fury, I too think it's an interesting title and love the Steranko art. I collect so many titles - Spidey, Daredevil, Hulk, almost anything Marvel (except Conan and Millie!) that it's kind of hard to decide what to focus on, especially with limited resources. Sgt Fury is a good choice and something I will consider.

"I don't buy slabbed comics -- they're an insult to my nose!" would be a great signature line.

(Although I wouldn't know whether it's already there, since I have signatures turned off.)

Jack

If I'd known when I started that getting a full ASM run would be so pricey, I would have picked something else. I still need ASM 2-5, 7-9.

If you exclude the TOS run, I think IM would be cheaper.