• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

metropolis comics accurate on raw books?

83 posts in this topic

I have recently bought four Atom Age books from Metropolis. Here are the results:

Metropolis Grade: VF+

Actual grade: pretty close

Met Grade: F/VF

Actual Grade: VG (returned, no problem)

Met Grade: VF/NM

Actual Grade: pretty close

Met Grade: VF+

Actual Grade: F/VF to VF- (planning to return it)

I don't consider a 50% satisfaction rate very good, but at least they let me return the books (although I have to pay the postage). I think I will stick to CGC books from them going forward.

Mike

There are people (probably on these boards) who applaud and validate Mr. Snake Oil salesman on his creative way of earning a buck and putting food on the table. To be critical of Mr. S O S, is like taking food out of the mouths of his children. Why does everyone pick on him?

There are people (probably on these boards) who applaud and validate Mr. Snake Oil salesman on his creative way of earning a buck and putting food on the table. To be critical of Mr. S O S, is like taking food out of the mouths of his children. Why does everyone pick on him?

Down deep we all truly love Metropolis, and we all wish we could be comic book dealers. When you're on top you're a target - just ask Microsoft.

Jealousy, plain and simple.