• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT am I the only one watch the UFC tonight?

173 posts in this topic

Will be fun to watch Forrest fight Shogun. I suspect Forrest will get ko'd but we'll see. Forrest swings VERY wide

Agreed. I'm calling for a fist round KO. Forrest may last 2 rounds if Shogun is a little jittery.

Will be fun to watch Forrest fight Shogun. I suspect Forrest will get ko'd but we'll see. Forrest swings VERY wide

Agreed. I'm calling for a fist round KO. Forrest may last 2 rounds if Shogun is a little jittery.

Shogun cuts through Forest real quick but if it goes to the ground watch him try and submit him to make a point.

Who watched Fight Night Live? Some good fights... I thought Nate Diaz looked really strong. He was a bit nervous early in that first round, but really stepped it up. Great jiu-jitsu reversals... nice work.

I feel bad for Din Thomas. He seems like a class act. If he he has an ACL or MCL injury, that could be it for his career.

Didn't get a chance to see the Fight Night event but I did see the TUF series afterwards. I am getting to like Matt Serra the more I see him and I think he hit it right on the head about Hughes. Hughes is a complete ego-maniac and I would love to see Serra whup his arse. Got a kick out of Serra yelling at the end of the fight "Don't you tap!!" That was classic. Anyone else think Serra has a chance against Hughes?

BTW, the next UFC card looks really weak. The only fight I am even remotely interested in would be Fitch vs Diego.

Serra has no chance against Hughes. He beat GSP due to a combination of a very lucky punch to the carotid artery and his opponent underestimating him, and that'll never happen again. Hughes will ground and pound him into a bloody mess when they fight.

Serra has no chance against Hughes. He beat GSP due to a combination of a very lucky punch to the carotid artery and his opponent underestimating him, and that'll never happen again. Hughes will ground and pound him into a bloody mess when they fight.

Yeah, I don't think Hughes can be knocked out with a lucky punch, which is Serra's only real shot. Should be a pretty lopsided bout. Maybe even moreso than the Pulver/Penn fight.

I started watching last night (UF season premier), but fell asleep as it starts too late for me. Too bad about the guy with the broken elbow. He really wanted to fight. Maybe they'll bring him back next season. (shrug)

Come to think of it, as there ever been a "good" coach vs. coach matchup at the end of the UF seasons? Ortiz/Shamrock was a joke. Pulver/Penn was a joke.

Franklin and Hughes didn't fight due to weight class. Who else am I missing?

I think Pride overlooked such things as they had much better fights and the pressuer to use them was high. Also to upshow the UFC. Most of us now in hindsight think that a lot of the early ufc fighters that went over the ocean were using (shamrock,coleman, frye, belfort, kerr) so I wouldnt be surprised if Wandelei or or even crocop used steroids. Wandelei is so aggressive it almost seems apparent but who knows.

There is no question in my mind that Wanderlai used steriods, his weight balloned when he fought CroCop yet he was still ripped with that typical jacked up look that is common with these roid monkeys.

Agreed. I have worked out with weights most of my life and I have friends in the past that used steroids...and Wanderlai looked like he was on roids.

happy to see Leben win last night. while he was annoying as heck on TUF, he has a lot of heart and seems like a genuinely likable and nice kid

You can't help but to pull for people lke that (thumbs u also appreciate when they show sportsmanship at the end of the fight...

I think this fight will be more competitive than people think. Hughes is not known as a technical striker so I doubt he will knock out Serra on his feet. Serra may not be worried if it eventually goes to the ground as his BJJ is very formidable and I have never seen anyone ground and pound Serra out yet. Serra's best chance is to hope Hughes makes a big mistake when on top and leaves something for a submission attempt. It's a long shot but funnier things have happened.

I think Pride overlooked such things as they had much better fights and the pressuer to use them was high. Also to upshow the UFC. Most of us now in hindsight think that a lot of the early ufc fighters that went over the ocean were using (shamrock,coleman, frye, belfort, kerr) so I wouldnt be surprised if Wandelei or or even crocop used steroids. Wandelei is so aggressive it almost seems apparent but who knows.

There is no question in my mind that Wanderlai used steriods, his weight balloned when he fought CroCop yet he was still ripped with that typical jacked up look that is common with these roid monkeys.

Agreed. I have worked out with weights most of my life and I have friends in the past that used steroids...and Wanderlai looked like he was on roids.

The voices of ignorance speak the loudest.

Sorry, but Serra already had his one-in-a-million shot, and no way this also-ran beats GSP and Hughes back to back.

I can't discount him completely. A couple of top level MMA's stars such as Karo and BJ Penn could not sub or knock out Serra in close decision losses. Serra's BJJ is very well respected out of the Renzo Gracie camp and that may keep this fight close on the ground. Not saying that he is not a huge underdog or that he'll win, but Serra has never been submitted and was only knocked out by that crazy Shonie back fist. Gotta give Serra a little respect.

:signfunny:

But c'mon lets be honest that the guy is probably at best a natural 185 pounder but he is able to swing his weight to 225 in a short period of time? Those are some good vitamins he is taking.

I'm not ruling out Serra against Hughes. Serra was very aggressive and confident against GSP, a guy that everyone was saying would be the next big fighter. If BJ Penn didn't gas out against Hughes, he would have beat him again, too. He was dominating that fight.

It's easy to call Serra a one-hit wonder, but I'm leaning in his direction against Hughes.

But c'mon lets be honest that the guy is probably at best a natural 185 pounder but he is able to swing his weight to 225 in a short period of time? Those are some good vitamins he is taking.

Just goes back to my initial question about the availability and freedom of obtaining anabolic steroids in other countries. If Royce Gracie was caught doing roids and he looks about 175 lbs soaking wet, I'm pretty sure most other Brazilian top level fighters are or have used them in the past. Just check out some of the steroid message boards with MMA fighters looking for gear cycle advice and dealers of anabolics to buy from. It is very prevalent in MMA.