• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Spend.....

47 posts in this topic

:shy:

Yeah, the more I look at my question, the stupider it looks :tonofbricks:

What's drawing you now is if you've seen the books they look beautiful. You are seeing 9.6s and 9.8s filling the blue label holders.

Of course, you also probably know that many of them will be very, very difficult, and if you pay $30k, think of how many of those 9.6s you will have to get just to break even. The problem with the question as it is posed is that difference between guide and the purchase price is so great that I don't know when you will start to make money on the collection. Even worse, the biggest question is when do you break even?

Avoid this Nik, his price is in the stratosphere and completely unrealistic.

Three times guide for bronze age comics??? And no keys? i dont even like to pay guide for bronze stuff!!! You must roll mega deep if your even thinking about it!!!! Its still a bad idea!!!! Stay off the crack!

Only negative thing is all the key books are long gone

Even if the total price were lower, sounds like a mind-boggling amount of work (& investment in slabbing fees) before you would ever see a profit. And you'd definitely want some pricey key books in there to sweeten the deal.

No way. Those are Harley Yee prices! You're going to have to sink a lot of money into slabs on top of that huge outlay to ever get a shot at recouping your money. Maybe if we're talking about a bunch of pristine highly liquid Hulk 181s and that calibre of book, but I doubt it. Try getting your money back after paying 300%+ of guide with a bunch of 9.2 ASM 100s, and that's a pretty nice book.

$9K would be a lot for that given the unpredictability of grades and the likelihood that some of those 9.2 and 9.4 books are titles that people don't care so much about even pre-76 and in HG and aren't likely going to get guide (unless you spend $25 encapsulating them). Let's be serious, Defenders from 1974-1976 guide for $8-$15 a pop in NM, let's see how well you do trying to sell them other than 1 - 11.

Oh, I didn't see the "no keys" post. Call me cheap, but I'd pay no more than 50% of 9.2 guide for that with a distinct possibility of going down to 25% after seeing how many dead titles are in there. To ever do better than 40-75% of 9.2 OPG on the bulk of those books you'll need to spend another $25 a pop slabbing them. You need to get a cushion.

:shy:

Yeah, the more I look at my question, the stupider it looks :tonofbricks:

What's drawing you now is if you've seen the books they look beautiful. You are seeing 9.6s and 9.8s filling the blue label holders.

Of course, you also probably know that many of them will be very, very difficult, and if you pay $30k, think of how many of those 9.6s you will have to get just to break even. The problem with the question as it is posed is that difference between guide and the purchase price is so great that I don't know when you will start to make money on the collection. Even worse, the biggest question is when do you break even?

Avoid this Nik, his price is in the stratosphere and completely unrealistic.

Well said :golfclap:

$30K for a collection that listed out app. $9K in OS at 9.2 grades?

Take into consideration this collection is mostly BA with a bit of SA books. The BA stuff cutout year is 1976. Also considering that many of these books will likely grade higher then 9.2.

To what end would you be doing this? And if you got the 30K, why not buy 30K worth of books in known higher grade? You'd probably get close to the same number and there'd be no mystery.

Take into consideration this collection is mostly BA with a bit of SA books. The BA stuff cutout year is 1976. Also considering that many of these books will likely grade higher then 9.2.

yes

yes

(shrug)

yes

(shrug)

Anyone else and i would say no but this is Nikos we're talking about! Due to his special relationship, 8.5's will come back 9.6 and we'll get some sweet books in the market place. Win-Win.

yes

(shrug)

Maybe he is the seller? lol:kidaround:

3X book for 9.2/9.4s?

That's a BIG NO! :screwy:

Only negative thing is all the key books are long gone

Well, that makes it easier doesn't it?