• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM DD#2

Daredevil 2  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Daredevil 2

22 posts in this topic

I think most dealers would call this a raw 6.0 all day long.

I think that CGC would rate it a 5.5. A bit too much wear and spine bends for a 6.0 IMO.

Well, I'll chime in . . . the extent of the spine creasing seen on both the FC and BC, along with the 2" crease through DD's behind, and the 1.5" crease to the URFC, is going to limit this copy to a 4.5 . . . a very solid 4.5, but not in the FN range. :sumo:

I had graded it a 6.0 in my sale thread....so I'll stick with that for now, but will need to go back and check it in hand.

Thanks guys

Well, I've looked at this one through everyones eyes and comments, and I have to agree that it's not a 6.0.

Divad has some good points in his pointing out the flaws of the book, but he's missing some of the positives in that the copy is extremely flat and tight and the creases that are there are extremely light, albeit noticeable and correctly measured. A otherwise perfect condition comic with a big old sub crease can be a VG/FN in my grading world....now this one isn't otherwise perfect, but it also doesn't have a big old sub crease.

My revised grade is a 5.25.......between the between grades lol

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate having the beer goggles/rose colored glasses taken off when I miss a grade.

I had graded it a 6.0 in my sale thread....so I'll stick with that for now, but will need to go back and check it in hand.

Thanks guys

Well, I've looked at this one through everyones eyes and comments, and I have to agree that it's not a 6.0.

Divad has some good points in his pointing out the flaws of the book, but he's missing some of the positives in that the copy is extremely flat and tight and the creases that are there are extremely light, albeit noticeable and correctly measured. A otherwise perfect condition comic with a big old sub crease can be a VG/FN in my grading world....now this one isn't otherwise perfect, but it also doesn't have a big old sub crease.

My revised grade is a 5.25.......between the between grades lol

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate having the beer goggles/rose colored glasses taken off when I miss a grade.

All good points too, Colin :foryou:

or call it a 5.5 for giggles and grins

I don't think any reasonable person would find 5.5 to be outside the margin of error.

I think that three reasonable CGC graders wouldn't grade this a 5.5 . . . :baiting: