• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

venting! Took a neg on the chin...

91 posts in this topic

:jokealert:

But I'm sure there is a story somewhere about Indians, settlers, ghosts and revenge.

lol it sounded damn believable! You should write this stuff. Actually chances are that really is a ghosts story!

I would have negged your earlier

But I'm sure there is a story somewhere about Indians, settlers, ghosts and revenge.

lol it sounded damn believable! You should write this stuff. Actually chances are that really is a ghosts story!

just don't understand the last post... :sorry:

just don't understand the last post... :sorry:

:jokealert: , fool

That is why I've been tempted to have a second I.D. one for buying one for selling.....

I did that initially as I spent probably a year or more just buying (trmoore54) and decided to set up separate seller (architect54) account. It's a little easier to control the buying...just pay immediately with Paypal but with sellers that don't take paypal I've had a scare or two with seller saying they didn't receive payment...

As for selling, it's a minefield...have 2 negs in something like 550 transactions (489 is my current FB)...the first one was to a guy who gave me an air force base address and which was also on his paypal payment...then he sent me a separate email or two which were going to my spam/not coming through (didn't try to contact me thru ebay)...then after like 21 days...not even 30 days he negged me and so I asked him what happened that why he assumed I was a flako/screwing him as I had 100% etc and he said "yeah, I thought that was odd"...anyway, that was early on and I didn't get that one removed/probably could have if I would have been more plugged in at the time...

The second one was from a guy who ignored me for 90 days despite emails every day or so...I would escalate my disappointment and say I was going to take it to full dispute whatever, and he would say "oh I've had such and such problem will send payment tonite or tomorrow or whatever..." Just strung me along...this was for like 2 books for I believe $30-40 bucks...in the meantime he was doing other transactions and paying for them and getting positive FB...one was an ASM lo-grade #1 for over $1000!!! Amazing! Anyway, I tried to time it so I was leaving him a neg on the 89th day 23rd hr but I miscalculated and it was like the 87th day and he double-rataliatory-negged me...what a hole...

But it's very frustrating...called ebay and they said since he didn't use anything insulting or threatening in his neg they couldn't remove it/do anything about it...

Emailed the dude for a week or two offering to agree to have neg FB mutually withdrawn...no response!

And guess what...guy shows up as "No longer a registered user" a few weeks later...now that is just freaking lame and ebay ought to be able to go back and look at that and scrub the neg...but no that would be just too much effort on their part...

Whadareyagonnado?