• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E.C.Animated Comics FUNNY ANIMAL COMIC rare or not?

23 posts in this topic

Hi all I dont generally buy a lot of Golden Age But I liked this cover. It was a impulse buy. I picked it up for the most part because it is A E.C. comic and I enjoy the Horror Suspence and Sci fi put out by This company. I did a little research and it is listed as rare in Overstreet. My question to you all is Is this a realistic rare comic or is it readily available in the Marketplace. Also I was not aware EC put out funny animal comics. This was a one shot,from 1947 I beleive. Did EC do other comics of this type besides what they are best known for the Horror Stuff? I know this is not Superhero so it may not interest many, But I would apreciate a little background on this comic if anyone has any.

Thanks

scan0096.jpg

scan0097.jpg

But I would apreciate a little background on this comic if anyone has any.

scan0096.jpg

I believe Johnny Craig drew the later covers, after the title changed to Vault Of Hippo.

(What's that? Don't quit my day job?)

I am not SURE, but I think I saw one recently on Ebay, someone's grandfather was a distributor...I'd have to check...the seller has more than one of everything...

I have some books like that..they were scarce...but who knows...nice comic, though:)

Hi all I dont generally buy a lot of Golden Age But I liked this cover. It was a impulse buy. I picked it up for the most part because it is A E.C. comic and I enjoy the Horror Suspence and Sci fi put out by This company. I did a little research and it is listed as rare in Overstreet. My question to you all is Is this a realistic rare comic or is it readily available in the Marketplace. Also I was not aware EC put out funny animal comics. This was a one shot,from 1947 I beleive. Did EC do other comics of this type besides what they are best known for the Horror Stuff? I know this is not Superhero so it may not interest many, But I would apreciate a little background on this comic if anyone has any.

Thanks

I found the listing, the seller has sold 3 in the past week or so, the problem with some of the Gerber listings, is he wasn't psychic....

The prices seem to be going down on his, sorry about that...but they are STILL nice, and certainly not common...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-E-C-Comics-ANIMATED-COMICS-1947-VG-FN-BIN_W0QQitemZ300153949297QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300153949297

Yes The guy you mention is the person I bought this item from. Just bought another in much better condition as well. I asked the seller, who is very proffesional and freindly by the way How many he had . He mentioned several.

So I am guessing this comic is not technically rare. But certainly not common, and possibly scarce.

thanks all!

Well, I went back on myself and actually purchased a unique copy on Monday. I should get it tomorrow :)

The seller says he has "a handful" of additional copies for sale, including an issue between 7.0 and 8.0 (highest graded is 7.5 and he already sold a copy around that grade a few weeks ago).

Anyone recall how many issues are supposed to be in existence for Gerber 8s?

If we are talking the same person whos grandfather was a distributor, He just gave me a list of what he has left. He told me he was out of the Animated comics. I bought 2 from him myself, and the one Hesold me a couple of days ago he figured was n/m- I am hoping for it to be very fine. I might do the unthinkable "for me" and send it in for grading, being as the highest in census is 7.5