• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Help, ID this possible Eisner reacreation cover for Wonder Man #1? Fox

21 posts in this topic

Thanks Gary...could very well be:)

I just wondered where he got a blank cover to use? but I guess those were around...this is not taped to the other side of that cover, or at least my friend says it's not, he says the drawing is directly on the other side...he didn't see the pseudoname in the book, but it's not in front of me...

My fantasy was...this young collector, met Eisner at a show, or in the City, and gave him $5.00 ...(which was a lot at the time) ...and Eisner, said, PICK a panel you like...and he copied that panel...using the Wonder Logo, cause the young collector had some of those with him and he FORGOT what the original logo looked like....

and since if I GOT That time machine, I'd be busy inventing pantyhose or picking up Timely's from the newstand...that's my fantasy and I'm sticking with it, lol...

In any case, the coverless book is on Ebay, (not my auction, so I hope this is not a faux pas) with the cover, listed at $300 or something, and the coverless book is scarce...$1350 or something in good, so maybe someone will buy it and have the sketch as a bonus....

Thanks for all the help guys, you are the best! :acclaim:

I love the comment about inventing pantyhose. You're a very practical woman for having such a creative background!