• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$25 and under

47 posts in this topic

how are the interiors on the date with dangers? Any hidden gems?

:baiting: I meant the stories...

The stories are really good. There's a splash page at the beginning of a story in issue 6, i think, where there's a nuke going off in New York. so yeah, pretty cool.

:bump:

Cool or not cool? $20.02 shipped, received in today's mail. Oh and btw, I likes it a lot. Seems to be an unsigned Kida or Zolnerowich cover. Plus I like the funky 10¢ price lettered in.

Is there a HEAP story in that one?

No, no Heap story in this one but Infantino takes care of the art chores for the Airboy story.

:bump:

Cool or not cool? $20.02 shipped, received in today's mail. Oh and btw, I likes it a lot. Seems to be an unsigned Kida or Zolnerowich cover. Plus I like the funky 10¢ price lettered in.

Is there a HEAP story in that one?

No, no Heap story in this one but Infantino takes care of the art chores for the Airboy story.

Awesome Infantino rules. :headbang: Great Pick-Up

Nothing special - and sort of a consolation win - I'd bid on a few books from the same seller - but only won this - but at $12.50 shipped for a solid mid-grade crime book from 1948, I'm not complaining.

The cover layout - and Syd Shores artwork give the book a "Timely" look that I like, and I guess you could consider it a "bad girl" cover. Inside is plenty of blood and bullets. I've noticed that late 40's crime comics are often more graphically violent than their early 50's pre-code brethen, even though horror comic gore didn't really take off until the 50's.

lal2.jpg

Nothing special - and sort of a consolation win - I'd bid on a few books from the same seller - but only won this - but at $12.50 shipped for a solid mid-grade crime book from 1948, I'm not complaining.

The cover layout - and Syd Shores artwork give the book a "Timely" look that I like, and I guess you could consider it a "bad girl" cover. Inside is plenty of blood and bullets. I've noticed that late 40's crime comics are often more graphically violent than their early 50's pre-code brethen, even though horror comic gore didn't really take off until the 50's.

lal2.jpg

That is an outstanding cover! Its got it all. And nice shape too!

The weekends of large national conventions seem to be a good time for eBay deals.This was $ 25 before shipping.Cool L.B. Cool cover although the back cover ad for Hitler stamps surprised me.I wouldn't have thought someone would have considered them marketable so close after WWII...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ghostlyweird.jpg

ghostlyweirdb.jpg

The weekends of large national conventions seem to be a good time for eBay deals.This was $ 25 before shipping.Cool L.B. Cool cover although the back cover ad for Hitler stamps surprised me.I wouldn't have thought someone would have considered them marketable so close after WWII...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ghostlyweird.jpg

ghostlyweirdb.jpg

I don't think this was before World War II, looks to be Sept. 1953