• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$25 and under

47 posts in this topic

This thread is dedicated to the idea that one need not spend a lot to pick up cool GA and Atom Age books. Show us your fairly recent ( the last year or so) pickups that cost you no more than $25 (excluding shipping or tax). And while everyones definition of "cool" will vary - let's try not to fill this thread with low grade third tier funny animal books that are better candidates for the short bus thread.

I'll start off with some Atlas War.

A recent purchase from board member GACollectibles. great Jerry Robinson cover - and a rarity for Atlas - a comic length story by him as well.

bf.jpg

From board member bigfiver. Nice Heath bayonet in the gut cover, plus a Heath story.

combat2.jpg

Even Metropolis has great books in this price range. Another nice Robinson cover, and R. Q. Sale art inside!

combat6.jpg

Great violent Heath cover and more R.Q. Sale!

bat30.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Great femme fatale cover on #5! Also the logo colors are eye-catching.

Let''s see more, people! You can't all be spending your money on four-figure Timelys and pre-Robin 'Tecs :sumo:

Let''s see more, people! You can't all be spending your money on four-figure Timelys and pre-Robin 'Tecs :sumo:

I'm still paying off my four figure Timelys and pre-Robin 'Tec, so I should only be posting in this thread for a while lol

I don't thing anything by Kelly, much less featuring Pogo and Albert quite qualifies as third tier or shortbus material :applause:

Yeah, but I did get it for $8 so it fits in this thread, right?

Rowrbazzle! What a great catch for $8.

I think that the run of "picture frame" covers from Animal Comics 17 to 24 are among the best.

There's a set I'd love to complete at $10 each or less.

Jack

I'm still paying off my four figure Timelys and pre-Robin 'Tec, so I should only be posting in this thread for a while lol

I'm almost always in the "What does over $25 mean?" mode.

Jack

I don't thing anything by Kelly, much less featuring Pogo and Albert quite qualifies as third tier or shortbus material :applause:

I'm always one to test the limits.

Loonie Tunes and Merrie Melodies Comics 56 and 59, both from 1946.

Under $25 thread or short bus?

45037-ltmm56.jpg

45039-ltmm59.jpg

Would it make a difference if I mentioned that they both have Mary Jane and Sniffles stories?

Would it make a difference if I mentioned that I didn't do the fancy pencil work myself?

Would it make a difference if I mentioned that they cost me only 25¢ each?

Jack

Would it make a difference if I mentioned that they cost me only 25¢ each?

Now that's impressive - unless of course this was back in 1972

It was about 2 weeks ago!

For me, the armor (cocked at a jaunty angle) on Bugs' ears and his armored spats put #56 over the top. I probably shouldn't mention Petunia lusting over Bugs' impressive sheath (similarly armored and cocked at a jaunty angle).

Jack

45037-ltmm56.jpg