• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you decribe your collecting tendencies as...

Would you describe your collecting habits as...  

492 members have voted

1. 1. Would you describe your collecting habits as...

47 posts in this topic

I've assembled a collection of near 1000 comics, all bought in the last 6-7 months, before that I'd never read a comic in my life! So a 'pack rat' most definitely! They weren't cheap tho, so I don't know? Maybe a pack rat living in the Hilton rather the Sewer!! :whistle:

I've assembled a collection of near 1000 comics, all bought in the last 6-7 months, before that I'd never read a comic in my life! So a 'pack rat' most definitely! They weren't cheap tho, so I don't know? Maybe a pack rat living in the Hilton rather the Sewer!! :whistle:

So....... Let me get this straight. Seven months ago you had never read a comic book?

I find that fascinating! hm

Lazy cheap spider, I wait for deals, but don't look that hard for them, and I sometimes decide to divest myself of books when I get less interested in collecting more like them. I'd probably have sold off more of my collection if I didn't procrastinate. I've had books on my want list for years, and eventually cross some of them off when I haven't found one at a good price and my focus moves elsewhere. I'm impressed by the ability of some to go after a difficult run and complete it in a year or two. There are still undergrounds I put on a want list nearly 35 years ago when I first got the Kennedy guide, that I still haven't gotten around to picking up, though some of that is due to it not being an area I've focused on much since the 80s when it comes to back issues.

At this point in my life and collecting comic books have become secondary to me so I am definitely a Spider, since I am looking for Atlas Westerns and Pre Hero Marvel lower grade reading copies and I am not willing to overpay.

I would like to complete my runs and if I do that's fine, if I don't that is fine also.