• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Artist Survival Series Preliminary List

114 posts in this topic

There I cut it down to 20 for you and alphabetized by last name - :acclaim::shy:

Adams, Neal

Barks, Carl

Buscema, John

Byrne, John

Colan, Gene

Cole, Jack

Ditko, Steve

Eisner, Will

Everett, Bill

Fine, Lou

Frazetta, Frank

Kirby, Jack

Kubert, Joe

Kurtzman, Harvey

Miller, Frank

Romita Sr., John

Steranko, Jim

Toth, Alex

Wood, Wally

Wrightson, Bernie

Great thread CAP_FFreek. Nice list Scrooge, but where's Matt Baker?

No McFarlane then no Jim Lee they run in the same race to me :shrug:

McFarlane is seriously overrated in my opinion... :sumo:

Jim

Jim Lee thinks he is great :whistle:

Jim Lee is such a nice guy he thinks everyone's great. Even gave kudos to Liefeld back in the day... :o

Jim

There I cut it down to 20 for you and alphabetized by last name - :acclaim::shy:

Great thread CAP_FFreek. Nice list Scrooge, but where's Matt Baker?

To the Baker, Swan, Heath and Lee fans. First, I only used the names Freek originally posted hence no Baker nor Swan. Second, Lee went with McFarlane as someone commented. As for Russ Heath, trust me, it's not for lack of love that I chucked him out but if the goal was to shorten the list, I'm sad to say that Heath had to be taken out and the same argument will go to all "under-rated" artist out there such as Swan. Trust me when I say it hurt to get rid of some people from the 40 listed while keeping others ** Byrne ** because I know Byrne will be supported by many.

Wizard asked him what 8 covers he thought had best lasting image. He picked 2 Adams, a McFarlane, Kirby, a Miller Daredevil, Maguire's Justice League #1 and I forget the other. He was not being nice just true to himself. Plus he cant vote his own work. But this is why we should have this vote off. Very opinionated topic and should see where technical skill meets style and what wins out

I like Scrooge's prelim list. I would just make a few changes:

Adams, Neal

Barks, Carl

Buscema, John

Byrne, John

Colan, Gene

Ditko, Steve

Eisner, Will

Everett, Bill

Fine, Lou

Frazetta, Frank

Kirby, Jack

Kubert, Joe

Layton, Bob

Perez, George

Romita Sr., John

Schomburg, Alex

Starlin, Jim

Steranko, Jim

Wood, Wally

Wrightson, Bernie

I think we should use this list.

I can live with Perez (and maybe Layton) added but see my post above as to why Schomburg shouldn't be included. I find it criminal not to include Toth in favor of Schomburg. I feel less strongly about Kurtzman being out since he was more of any idea man.

I went in the testing section to check on the poll options.

What we should do for each round is to have a set time when people can actually vote. This can be set by the starter of the poll.

Also, there is an option that will allow the results to NOT be seen until the poll ends.

This will mitigate the amount of bias one can have. If one knows about the results, they may change their votes to keep someone in or out. Plus, it will mitigate JC's bltching during the poll. :whistle:

Another suggestion is have the voters vote for who they want to stay rather than who they want kicked off.

Also, there is an option that will allow the results to NOT be seen until the poll ends.

This will mitigate the amount of bias one can have. If one knows about the results, they may change their votes to keep someone in or out.

This is a great idea...

Jim