• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pulp info

36 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there's a Pulp guide equivalent to the Gerber guides? Or even a price guide strictly for pulps? I am starting to expand my collection into the pulp arena and need some help. I've already Identified almost a dozen pulps that fit my collection, and recently just picked up from Dtacol a bunch of the harder to find ones. My oldest trooper cover is now from 1927, which is kinda cool.

Here are the Pulps I've ID'd as having trooper covers:

Air Stories Oct-27 1927

Air Stories Nov-27 1927

Amazing Stories Mar-42 1942 Ziff Davis

Doc Savage Mar-43 1943 Street & Smith

G-8 And His Battle Aces Mar-34 1934 A Popular Publication

G-8 And His Battle Aces Sep-36 1936 A Popular Publication

G-8 And His Battle Aces Jul-38 1938 A Popular Publication

G-8 And His Battle Aces Dec.1940 1940 A Popular Publication

G-8 And His Battle Aces Dec.1942 1942 A Popular Publication

Operator #5 Sep-37 1937 A Popular Publication

Phantom Detective Dec-40 1940 Thrilling Pub.

Sky Fighters Jan-41 1941 Thrilling Pub.

Sky Raiders V1/2 1943 A Double Action Mag.

Right now I've gotten:

Air Stories Oct-27 1927

Air Stories Nov-27 1927

Amazing Stories Mar-42 1942 Ziff Davis

Doc Savage Mar-43 1943 Street & Smith

G-8 And His Battle Aces Dec.1940 1940 A Popular Publication

G-8 And His Battle Aces Dec.1942 1942 A Popular Publication

Operator #5 Sep-37 1937 A Popular Publication

Phantom Detective Dec-40 1940 Thrilling Pub.

Sky Fighters Jan-41 1941 Thrilling Pub.

Sky Raiders V1/2 1943 A Double Action Mag.

Steve, oops saw your post after I bought my own copy. Is it worth the $28 I paid?

It will be the best $28 you ever spent, if you are going to start buying pulps. Each mag listed has a Gerber like scarcity rating, and a price for 3 different conditions....roughly Good, Fine, and NM.

If you didn't have this Guide, it would be like peeing in the dark!

I know I've seen a few pulps posted by BZ in his thread, but has there ever been one thread dedicated to Pulps? It would seem to me that a lot of GA collectors would dabble a little in Pulps. Yet, I rarely see one posted here. Perhaps I'll start one when I get the ones I just purchased. Some of the Pulp covers are just really cool.

:gossip: Plenty of pulp covers in the Shadow thread.

Thought that was just for Shadow related pulps? If you don't mind I'll post my books there too.

Nah, there's a lot more than that in there. Check out later in the thread, tons of other pulp covers. Go ahead, please add your pulps there as well.

For reference, the best online free source of pulp scans is this site: Pulp Gallery. Navigation is a pain but it's a great resource. Have fun. (thumbs u

:gossip: Plenty of pulp covers in the Shadow thread.

Thought that was just for Shadow related pulps? If you don't mind I'll post my books there too.

It began as Shadow pulps, but then turned into a general pulp thread. I don't think many people realize that though and think it's just for Shadow stuff. Maybe it's time for a new Pulp Cigar thread (or see if a mod can edit the title of the Shadow thread).

In any case, I'll be looking forward to seeing you post your new books in whatever thread. (thumbs u

Jeff