• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your back covers

78 posts in this topic

This place is so focused on front covers that we miss the entertainment value of the back covers:

Back cover of AA#16 (July 1940) - first karaoke ("Recording") parties?:

AA16backcover.jpg

Back cover of Tec #13 (March 1938):

too much detail but particular like the chance to buy a "nose flute" for 10cents.

"Beautiful deep , rich tone.Imitate almost any instrument. Play popular pieces without any practice.! Fits over nose and mouth. Play in 3 minutes"

Tec13backcover.jpg

Show me your favourites

too much detail but particular like the chance to buy a "nose flute" for 10cents.

"Beautiful deep , rich tone.Imitate almost any instrument. Play popular pieces without any practice.! Fits over nose and mouth. Play in 3 minutes"

Tec13backcover.jpg

Same company 43 years later.....

ASM219BC.jpg

My absolute favourite childhood item....... :cloud9:

1greenmachine.jpg

That is so cool! I always wanted one those or a Big Wheel, but we lived on top of this big hill with the main road at the bottom. Mom could just see us careening out of control into on coming traffic. Needless to say, I was without wheels until I was 17. lol

Everyday after school my friend & I would meet on our street with our Green Machines and derby. Great fun. As soon as it came out...I gave my Big Wheel to his younger brother so he could play 'smash up' as well.

Good times...good times... :cloud9:

If you had this pinup on your wall as a kid, you probably spent a lot of time with your head in a toilet at school.

45775-scanresized.jpg.37a93d446df95f2b72dfb82dd73c66cd.jpg

Everyday after school my friend & I would meet on our street with our Green Machines and derby. Great fun. As soon as it came out...I gave my Big Wheel to his younger brother so he could play 'smash up' as well.

The closest I got to smash up was when I steered the snow sled into the big oak tree. :tonofbricks:

The closest I got to smash up was when I steered the snow sled into the big oak tree. :tonofbricks:

I was always more of a Crazy Carpet guy.... :insane:

What's a crazy carpet? (shrug)

crazy-canuck-carpet1.jpg

crazy-canuck-carpet1.jpg

We used mats like that on the big water slides. I bet they literally flew on snow, cool. :cool:

@#$%^&*

1koko bought up all the nose flutes!

Cornered the market, I bet.

Jack

(these durn kids nowadays wouldn't spend 3 minutes practicing)

Tec13backcover.jpg

Same company 43 years later.....

ASM219BC.jpg