• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More comics should be added to sets...

21 posts in this topic

I dont mean to write a book here, but I actually agree that a set series MAY be better PURE, with only comics of that specific series, but I have noticed that in many cases there are issues in other comic series that are relevant to a character and should be included - for instance - Amazing Fantasy 15 is included in the Spider-Man set - and really... rightfully so... after all it was his 1st appearance, another example is Captain Marvel - who first appeared in Marvel Super-Heroes 12, so it should be included in the Cap Marv set too then... right? (I think it is but I am not sure at the moment...) The question then becomes where to draw that line... perhaps origin and/or 1st appearances only? Again, it is a good point, as in the case of Jungle Action and Black Panther... I would agree that Jungle Action should be a separate set, but should FF 52 be included in the Black Panther set? Who knows - its all in good fun anyway, right?

I think the point is well made for leaving those other comics out of the pure sets, but for now, I like that they are included. It makes for a good variety in sets, and it makes sense relevant to the character, if not just as a pure set. Also, it adds another facet to the spirit of competition in sets - at times requiring a 1st place set holder to add more comics to a set collection or face being demoted - "oh no!". (hehe)

That being said, a set is a set is a set and should only include books of the same title...right? Well the spotlight, giant-size and premiere series are really just showcase series' in which each issue may "Star" a different character who's particular issue features that certain character (such as Moon Knight, Werewolf By Night, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, etc...) and is not the same as a "guest appearance" in another character's series, such as Human Fly 2 in which Ghost Rider appears - that should obviously not be in a ghost rider comic set... If you were to make a set that featured ALL of Ghost Rider's appearances... THEN it would be included...

In any event - I dont believe the inclusion in sets of Spotlight, Premiere, Giant-Size and series of that Nature are the same as Marvel Team-Up, Two-In-One or Triple Action because they star 2 or more main characters in each issue (as in the case of Team-Up & 2-n-1), and one of them is ALWAYS the main character (Spider-Man or The Thing...)

I really only asked for the Werewolf By Nights and Spotlights to be added to the Moon Knight set because the Werewolf By Night set included all kinds of other books and saw that being done in many other sets already.

I'm glad they are including the other relevant comics in sets - and hope to see more of it, but maybe as stated there should be a pure series set as well...

Thanks for taking the time to read this... yawn... :)