• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars--The Television Series

32 posts in this topic

the link says:

"But be forewarned: 'It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader,' according to the films' mastermind."

how can it not?

That's what Star Wars was basically about the Skywalkers, right???

as Lucas gets more older he get more weirder...

and more out of touch with what fans of Star Wars really want.

I heard a rumor that this was going to fill the gap of time between Episode 3 and 4...

what the heck happened to that idea????

:P

The thing is that the SW Universe has become much much more than just the Anakin/Luke arc.

They are writing books that take place 1000 years before A New Hope. I cant remember how far in the future they are but i dont think it is gone past Luke and his kids and Han and his kids.

I don't mind if Luke or Lea are not in it. Their stories are complete in the movies as far as I am concerned.

However, it would be nice to see the Emporer and Vader build their empire. A good story line would be Vader hunting down remnants of the Jedi.

No Emperor. I really liked Ian McDiarmid's performance in ROTJ. I don't know what happened in those 20 years, but I thought his acting in ROTS was some of the worst acting I've ever seen. Maybe he was just trying to fit in with everyone else.

I'm looking forward to it and hope they don't have the original characters. It would be nice to flesh out the story more without everything tied into the original characters. I mean, come on, was Chewbacca necessary in "Sith"? I was waiting for a Han Solo cameo "rescuing a jedi" to round it out. Oy.

I don't mind if Luke or Lea are not in it. Their stories are complete in the movies as far as I am concerned.

However, it would be nice to see the Emporer and Vader build their empire. A good story line would be Vader hunting down remnants of the Jedi.

Star Wars PURGE...check it out.

A good story line would be Vader hunting down remnants of the Jedi.

Actually, Lucas retconned that OT statement out of the Star Wars Universe (after the Emperor killed all the Jedi in ROTS) and plans to delete/change it on a future DVD.

And anyone who has watched the horrific Prequels, and actually thinks that the TV series could be watchable, seriously needs to have his head examined. :screwy:

Actually, Lucas retconned that OT statement out of the Star Wars Universe (after the Emperor killed all the Jedi in ROTS) and plans to delete/change it on a future DVD.

And anyone who has watched the horrific Prequels, and actually thinks that the TV series could be watchable, seriously needs to have his head examined. :screwy:

I think the show will live or die by the level of involvement from George. Obviously, less the better. Even though Rick McCallum (Lucas' "Yes" man) will be a producer, if a good writer can somehow squeak through the filtering process there may be a smidgeon of hope.

No Emperor. I really liked Ian McDiarmid's performance in ROTJ. I don't know what happened in those 20 years, but I thought his acting in ROTS was some of the worst acting I've ever seen. Maybe he was just trying to fit in with everyone else.

It wasn't so much Ian's perfomance that was bad but the way he was directed. Most actors of his type are only as good as the directors they're working with.

It wasn't so much Ian's perfomance that was bad but the way he was directed. Most actors of his type are only as good as the directors they're working with.

Precisely. Lucas cast a lot of great actors through the course of the three movies and they were all terrible given the writing and direction.

A good story line would be Vader hunting down remnants of the Jedi.

Because Yoda and Obi Wan went back to the Jedi Temple to change the message for all Jedi to head back to Coruscant and fall into the trap, I got the impression not all were wiped out or accounted for. (shrug)

Haven't heard about changing it for future DVD's. All I have heard is there is going to be a CGI Yoda for Menance (shrug)