• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got my first piece by some guy named Frank F.

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I think this "Frazetta" guy may actually turn out to be somebody.

I've heard of this guy! He's like a knock-off of that Boris fellow, isn't he?

Nice pick up, although of all the things in the world for Frazetta to have been working on during the last 15 years or so... Shi. doh!

Have you guys seen the Frazetta oil painting that was commissioned and then not used as the movie poster art for "From Dusk 'Til Dawn"? That was rather recent.

Oversized central image of Salma during the snake dance, and likenesses (loose) of Clooney, and Tarantino, etc.

It was on ebay 3 years ago (I think)..had a $99k starting bid...did not sell.

So Frank is still working.

C

Have you guys seen the Frazetta oil painting that was commissioned and then not used

C

that was probably kind of insulting for frank I would think. You pay him all that money for the commission and then don't even use the piece? They must not have cared for it. Anybody have a linky?

Have you guys seen the Frazetta oil painting that was commissioned and then not used

C

that was probably kind of insulting for frank I would think. You pay him all that money for the commission and then don't even use the piece? They must not have cared for it. Anybody have a linky?

163034422_76f0780c28.jpg

a little more richness to the color on this scan.

Frazetta-dusk.jpg

Forget the folly in not using it, but if you're Tarantino or Rodriguez (or even Clooney, for that matter), how do you NOT own this piece?

These Hollywood-types have clearly not entered the hobby...

Not sure which version here is correct (I have the Icon Frazetta book, but still not sure

which version is correct).

Even though that movie was years ago: Hollywood has horrible taste in movie posters

currently. The Lord of the rings posters could have been spectacular, but were Photoshop

quickies, as was Spider-man, X-men, etc..

Some day I'll get to Frank's museum before he passes on and hopefully get a chance to view my favorites.

i wonder if he did it right-handed or left-handed?

Frazetta is a bona fide genius. probably did it from memory, with zero photographic reference.

nice is not a strong enough word to describe it. kudos! :cloud9:

the lefthanded tiger drawing he did on the Painting With Fire DVD is one of the most amazing things i've ever seen in my life. that sort of talent is not something that you will find in 99.9999% of the population. the man has a gift