• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"First" Archie on ebay but possiblly "Restored"? GASP

22 posts in this topic

I still consider Pep 36 to be the first true, full cover, full body appearance of Archie as far as the character being incorporated in the action on the cover. Just my opinion. As far as this seller BS answer about Jerry Bails and their thoughts on the timeline, I can't think of any more definitive proof than Shield's research on the subject, other than finding even more arrival stamps on those books or company records on release dates. Back when Bails had this conversation with the seller, we just didn't have access to as many images of the books as we do now. Dealers like that makes me mad, it's like asking a giant comic dealer if a book is restored and having them tell you it's "repaired".

Well, here's some scans of books with arrival dates that I have - feel free to decide for yourself. I have every single MLJ book scanned, and I'm aware of the house ads that are in each book. I need to revise my arrival date of Jackpot #4 to 12/19/41, so it's basically tied with Pep 24:

(worship)

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

NIce scholarship, Shield!