• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: RD.11

GA ARTISTS POLL  

237 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

83 posts in this topic

Frazetta's 50's romance work is some of the finest looking comics I have ever seen. Pick up the reprint comic "Untamed heart" for a couple bucks & be prepared to faint.
Wasn't it "Untamed Love"? Or was the big Cochran sister book to Thunda only named that? (shrug)

Frazetta's 50's romance work is some of the finest looking comics I have ever seen. Pick up the reprint comic "Untamed heart" for a couple bucks & be prepared to faint.

The Trooper doesn't faint reading sissy romance books :baiting:

ULCover.jpg

ULInterior.jpg

Wasn't it "Untamed Love"? Or was the big Cochran sister book to Thunda only named that? (shrug)

*Check list* Indicia titles are

Frank Frazetta's Untamed Love 1 Nov-87 Fantagraphics 1950s reprints

Frank Frazetta's Thun'da Tales 1 1987 Fantagraphics 1950s reprints (but I don't have it -- sob)

Untamed Love (Without FF's) is the old Quality series.

I don't know nuthin' 'bout the Cochran books.

[Edit -- is that what greggy posted while I was typing?]

Other sometimes cheap Frazetta:

Frank Frazetta Fantasy Illustrated 1-8 (may have run longer) 1999-? (Magazine format, so avoided by many collectors. Was Frazetta only in the title for some issues?)

Best of Horror and Science Fiction Comics 1987 Bruce Webster, Wolverton, Ditko, Frazetta etc.

Buried Treasure 4 1991 Caliber; Frazetta Heroic work (I don't know whether the rest of the series had Frazetta reprints because I only have 4)

The Masterworks Series of Great Comic Book Artists DC/Seagate 1983, 1-3 but I think just 1 and 2 had Frazetta's Shining Knight and Tomahawk

Jack

Frank Frazetta's Thun'da Tales 1 1987 Fantagraphics 1950s reprints (but I don't have it -- sob)

Other sometimes cheap Frazetta:

Frank Frazetta Fantasy Illustrated 1-8 (may have run longer) 1999-? (Magazine format, so avoided by many collectors. Was Frazetta only in the title for some issues?)

Best of Horror and Science Fiction Comics 1987 Bruce Webster, Wolverton, Ditko, Frazetta etc.

Buried Treasure 4 1991 Caliber; Frazetta Heroic work (I don't know whether the rest of the series had Frazetta reprints because I only have 4)

The Masterworks Series of Great Comic Book Artists DC/Seagate 1983, 1-3 but I think just 1 and 2 had Frazetta's Shining Knight and Tomahawk

Jack

See above for the Cochran book

Well, I do not really care about the other 3 at this point, though I love their work.

I just want Eisner to win in the end. Best STORY TELLER in the bunch, very innovative as well as forming the future of comics even today.

rantrant

See above for the Cochran book

I can't outdraw you. Fastest post in the North.

Thanks,

Jack

Yeah, Eisner has to be it for me too. Frazetta may be the most able draftsman, but when it comes to comics, no one can beat Eisner.

Just as long as it's not Schomburg.

So, Tim, how do you really feel? :baiting:

:jokealert: