• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #122 CGC 9.6...oh, how the mighty have fallen

53 posts in this topic

From commanding $2,000+ as recently as last November to a measly $800 now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2192403266&category=33819&rd=1

Did I really once pay $2,126.96 for this book?? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Ah well...I don't regret the buy...I would have lived the past 504 days feeling incomplete without it!! Anyway, I've said all along that I knew I was going to lose big money on this book (I bought it with discretionary funds with no intent to *ever* re-sell). Looks like I was right (as always). smirk.gifgrin.gif

Gene

Nice QP on that one too...

VERY nice...had I remembered this auction...I would have bid more than the ending price. I've seen this quite a few times lately...a copy in a given grade goes low, then the next one goes much higher. Even in 2000 and 2001 I'd pick up some early (1 to 30) CGC 9.0 or better Spideys for a lot less than usual market. Population on this issue is high though, so it might stay low, but I doubt as low as $800 many more times.

This one looks like a gman flipping special! thumbsup2.gif

From commanding $2,000+ as recently as last November to a measly $800 now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2192403266&category=33819&rd=1

Did I really once pay $2,126.96 for this book?? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Ah well...I don't regret the buy...I would have lived the past 504 days feeling incomplete without it!! Anyway, I've said all along that I knew I was going to lose big money on this book (I bought it with discretionary funds with no intent to *ever* re-sell). Looks like I was right (as always). smirk.gifgrin.gif

Gene

You paid that much?

How many 893censored-thumb.gif times do I have to tell you that the market is going to crash? smirk.gif

"I will ONLY accept a CREDIT CARD via PAYPAL if you email me BEFORE you begin bidding. This will allow me to give you instructions on what is needed to allow for a CREDIT CARD via PAYPAL to be used. If you are the winning bidder and decide to pay with a CREDIT CARD via PAYPAL without ever emailing me before you begin bidding, you run the risk of not being allowed to complete the sale and possibly receiving negative feedback due to not following posted payment terms."

Hmmmm.......I wonder why he put that rule in his auction? 893naughty-thumb.gif

"I will ONLY accept a CREDIT CARD via PAYPAL if you email me BEFORE you begin bidding. This will allow me to give you instructions on what is needed to allow for a CREDIT CARD via PAYPAL to be used. If you are the winning bidder and decide to pay with a CREDIT CARD via PAYPAL without ever emailing me before you begin bidding, you run the risk of not being allowed to complete the sale and possibly receiving negative feedback due to not following posted payment terms."

I'm not sure which seller this is (I can't access Ebay from the office, can you believe that?). But some will only accept Paypal payments if the seller agrees to pay the associated Paypal fees (2.9% +30 cents or something like that). Some guy wanted to charge me 5%....I didn't bother to bid on his auction.

To me, these fees, as well as listing fees etc. are a part of doing business. I personally don't agree with charging these fees or handling fees for that matter, but it's a free country.

I'm not sure which seller this is (I can't access Ebay from the office, can you believe that?). But some will only accept Paypal payments if the seller agrees to pay the associated Paypal fees (2.9% +30 cents or something like that). Some guy wanted to charge me 5%....I didn't bother to bid on his auction.

To me, these fees, as well as listing fees etc. are a part of doing business. I personally don't agree with charging these fees or handling fees for that matter, but it's a free country.

This is Jason Ewert, and he's breaking the law. mad.gif

sign-rantpost.gif Adding on the 3% Paypal vig has been discussed ad nauseum on this board, and was changed on Comiclink. Somebody ought to go after him, but I'm just too tired to do it. I won't buy from Jason Ewert (or anybody else who charges this fee, for that matter). On an $800 book, thats $25 that you just have to add to your payment, so to hell with it. sign-rantpost.gif

This is Jason Ewert, and he's breaking the law. mad.gif

Yep, another "wants his cake and eat it too" kind of guy. They just love the higher bids that Paypal brings in, but don't want to pay for right to accept CC payments. It's classic hypocrisy.

According to EBay, you're either in or out, and those sitting on the illegal fencepost should be NARU'd. Dan pays the seller fees, I pay the fees, and 99.9% of other sellers pay the fees, so why should this chump be able to flaunt the regulations, put a chunk of change in his pocket, and get away with it?

About now, the dweebs should start chiming in with the usual "Just be glad he allows CC payments". 893frustrated.gif

I think it was up before with a reserve and ended a little higher not reaching it. This time he went without a safety net (low reserve) and someone got lucky. I should have been paying attention.

frown.gif

yep, me too. frown.gifand gene, i still can't believe you paid that much for a book! confused.gifforeheadslap.giflike i said, sell your HG copies now, for more will come down the pike 3-4 years from now. gossip.gifhi.gif

Yep, another "wants his cake and eat it too" kind of guy. They just love the higher bids that Paypal brings in, but don't want to pay for right to accept CC payments. It's classic hypocrisy.

Give me your opinion on my solution for sellers/buyers and paypal. Funny that this happened after I welcomed bugaboo on these boards by berating him and him proving me wrong on this topic, but...

I offer paypal via credit card (darthdiesel@yahoo.com) in my auctions. However, I also let it be known that I have a "personal" use paypal acct (cdelacruz@cox.net) that I encourage those with enough in their paypal balance or those with their paypal funds coming directly from a bank acct to use.

I don't charge anything extra for using the credit card paypal account, therefore not affecting what the buyer would pay me either way. So I'm flexible and the way I see it, why eat the paypal fees if you don't have too?

I offer paypal via credit card (darthdiesel@yahoo.com) in my auctions. However, I also let it be known that I have a "personal" use paypal acct (cdelacruz@cox.net) that I encourage those with enough in their paypal balance or those with their paypal funds coming directly from a bank acct to use.

That's the correct way to do it, and if I had a balance when paying, I'd definitely cut you some slack and pay that way. You basically have two cakes; one to eat and the other so you can have it too.