• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

support your LCS

184 posts in this topic

Not sure if it's applicable to stateside newsstands but Dark Horse has a very active presense on the military newsstands in Germany and Korea. I'd say the bulk of their licensed properties were represented. In fact, they apparently have a focus on the military market judging by this special package bought in a military Bookmart...

That is a very cool product & package. Good for Dark Horse! Go Richardson!

they also say that older books sell better than modern books! but most cant keep older books in stock due to insurance coverage!

WTF? What does back issue selection have to do with insurance? (shrug)

Lots more flammable old, musty and dusty paper in flammable plastic bags that are easily damaged by water are a scary risk exposure I would guess.

The insurance issue has more to do with replacement value than anything according to insurance companies I have been with. Some won't insure collectible type stores at all. I am sure they got "burned" with " I had 100,000 in NM Silver age comics" that they owner probably paid 2,000 for. They were all Pr to Gd copies that a buddy shop owner gave a high estimated replacement value appraisel for. Insurance fraud...sure....it happens.

yes it is replacement value! if they do cover the old 1s it is only for face value. so if it was a 12c book thats what they give. all the stores around here send me the older book sellers.

replacment values:

spider-man #1 = 12c

overstreet grading guide = 24$

i myself would use a bolted down safe to store key books in and leave it at that. or even take them home with me. i wouldnt not sell them. just would have to work around it some how!