• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link Auctions- Did anyone win anything ?

44 posts in this topic

I know there is a thead about CL already, but I was wondering if anyone won anything in the past auction. I picked up a nice JLA splash that I think I got a deal on :

Heck JLA

This also brings up the fact that I think the auction ending on a Friday night helped buyers/hurt seller....and Josh's art auctions really haven't caught on as of yet.....Too much competition ? hm

I won this great Carmine Infantino/Rudy Nebres page! I rarely see Infantino Marvel work, and when I saw this for such a cheap price I had to go for it. I really like the inking as well. It reminds me of Beast in the Amazing Adventures stories. There was another Infantino page, which was a DD page that went for quite a bit more. I think a lot of people were bidding on that one because of the Janson inks. I think I got lucky, because I actually preferred the page I won rather than the DD page.

RADCBEA52007921_103717.jpg

I was thinking of bidding on the last Ghost Rider page but then I noticed I could see right through Mephisto as he was only a stat. Since I already have my Jusko painting I think the only way I'd pickup a Mephisto splash is if it's a Buscema. If I wouldn't have went to college I could've kept my splash to Silver Surfer 17. :frustrated::(

Steve- Congrats! That's a really nice painting... I used to own it and can attest. Bought it on ebay for around $600 to $700 a couple years ago. Nobody was looking I guess.... I think paintings in general are undervalued, I picked up a Starlin beauty a few years back for almost nothing by today's standards... 2 foot by 3 foot image of the Hulk in all his beauty!

I'd love to find the Barr painting of Thor from Marvel Preview or the Norem Hulk and Avengers from R. Hulk!!! Never seen em...

(Steve lives at CGC, so I guess both? :baiting:)

They only let him out for conventions... :applause:

Close to true :insane:

Except the Truman Grateful Dead comic art, the frontispiece from Rich Koslowski's Three Fingers, and my Snowfall James Jean print which hang in my home, everything else is framed and on the walls at CGC. I get to see my collection every day! :banana:

Steve- Congrats! That's a really nice painting... I used to own it and can attest. Bought it on ebay for around $600 to $700 a couple years ago. Nobody was looking I guess.... I think paintings in general are undervalued, I picked up a Starlin beauty a few years back for almost nothing by today's standards... 2 foot by 3 foot image of the Hulk in all his beauty!

I'd love to find the Barr painting of Thor from Marvel Preview or the Norem Hulk and Avengers from R. Hulk!!! Never seen em...

THANKS!

Yeah, I am really digging the Painted stuff more and more these days. I am about to re-focus my collection for the third time and the paintings are part of that focus.

I never heard back from you on the G.S. Manthing. Was the price too high or did you lose interest? PM me.