• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post your cool variant covers

52 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who thinks Michael Turner sucks? I mean, every character looks the exact same...just change the hair and skin color. It's Rob Liefeld with slightly better anatomical skills.

Blasphemy :o

It's the ugly, ugly truth....and I do mean ugly.

Am I the only one who thinks Michael Turner sucks? I mean, every character looks the exact same...just change the hair and skin color. It's Rob Liefeld with slightly better anatomical skills.

I really like Turners art. Yeah, most of his Aspen stuff looks the same, but it is because it is only about 5 characters that he draws. Aspen, Grace, Kiani, and a couple of others.

I liked his Supergirl and Wonder Woman alot.I also like his Batman. Don't care much for his Spider-man. That Sub-Mariner cover looks great though.

One of, if not THE, first pricing variants.....

JIM76-55SW.jpg

I wonder how the 1939 New York World's Fair Comics is seen, price variant-wise. Printed originally with a 25 cent cover price, but sold in newsstands with a 15 cent sticker over the original price. hm

hm (thumbs u

hard to disagree with that...

the characters resemblance isn´t an issue, but all the rest is...a serious one :grin:

regards

While I appreciate the art on variant covers I actually despise them.

I see them as nothing but a money grab.

I also hate going to the LCS, seeing a title I collect but not recognizing the cover, then having to figure out if I have already bought that issue or not ( I am behind in my reading...)

I could do without them.