• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horrorfest

53 posts in this topic

Yes! One of my favorite Halloween-themed films will play on Halloween day...

Halloween III : Season of the Witch

Yeah, it doesn't have Michael Myers... get over it. On its own, it's still a very good movie.

Good flick until the robot, then it`s all down hill. :eek:

The original "House on Haunted Hill" always brings me back.

:eek:

Vincent Price while a hoot, had his moments.

Ze-

When the scary-looking old lady pops out, it always gives me the chills. When I was a kid it was too much to bear!

Some time back I was watching it with a girlfriend and her young son; I knew that part was coming up and tried to distract the kid, but he was too smart and stayed glued to the set. The old lady came and went, and he was unfazed. At his age I would have been in hysterics!

The original "House on Haunted Hill" always brings me back.

:eek:

Vincent Price while a hoot, had his moments.

Ze-

When the scary-looking old lady pops out, it always gives me the chills. When I was a kid it was too much to bear!

Some time back I was watching it with a girlfriend and her young son; I knew that part was coming up and tried to distract the kid, but he was too smart and stayed glued to the set. The old lady came and went, and he was unfazed. At his age I would have been in hysterics!

One of my favorites also!

That scene is made all the creepier due to the way the old woman "glides" away. (dolly pulled by a rope) Brrrrrr!

The movies that freaked me out the most when I was a kid:

Alien (by far the scariest movie I ever saw)

Trilogy of Terror (just the 3rd story)

The Howling (werewolves always scared the mess out of me)

When I was a teenager we used to all watch a bunch of horror movies. The one that freaked me out the most (and has what I consider to be the freakiest/scariest moment of all time) was The Exorcist.

No Doubt the Exorcist is one of the top contenders.

Have you seen the more recent release with the added scenes?

Lina Blair crawling around upside-down = Freaky!

Haven't seen the new one. I usually just catch it on TV. I just try and wait for that split-second where Damian is coming up the escalator and the demon face flashes onscreen. Freaks me out every single time without fail.

Yes! One of my favorite Halloween-themed films will play on Halloween day...

Halloween III : Season of the Witch

Yeah, it doesn't have Michael Myers... get over it. On its own, it's still a very good movie.

Those bugs in the masks get me every time. lol

That is a creepy movie. The old guy who runs the company is an evil dude.

No Doubt the Exorcist is one of the top contenders.

Have you seen the more recent release with the added scenes?

Lina Blair crawling around upside-down = Freaky!

Haven't seen the new one. I usually just catch it on TV. I just try and wait for that split-second where Damian is coming up the escalator and the demon face flashes onscreen. Freaks me out every single time without fail.

Then...RENT. THE. NEW. ONE!

You'll love it! (thumbs u

I always thought the future dream transmission in "Prince of Darkness" was pretty cool and creepy idea.

Yeah, Prince of Darkness is pretty spooky at times. I had forgotton that since when aired on reg. TV they cut out all the good stuff. Recently viewed it uncut and its pretty creepy! The black guy that gets reanimated and can't stop laughing is disturbing...