• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keen Detective Funnies (Not Yet Processed)

22 posts in this topic

"Not Yet Processed"

Hey look everyone -- it's Greed Carey. The award winning "collector" with the uncanny ability to soak his fellow hobbyist like they've never been soaked before. I could go on and on but I could not improve upon the words of our beloved Dave Anderson.

Stephen, don't be down on yourself. I thought there was very few times when you couldn't improve on something someone else did. :baiting::jokealert:

Anyway, I'm bound to be hungry again soon, so perhaps I'll stop in again to see if I can try something better tasting off the menu, and maybe get a more reasonable price too.
To be fair, you should probably add that they were the only restaurant in the business selling clam chowder and steaks of that quality in that quantity on a regular basis so they could pretty much name their price.

I'm sure you're aware that many higher end restaurants do operate this way. Ever seen what happens when you go to a steak house with drunk foody friends? Them: "Let's have two orders of those blue crab claws!" Me: "There's no price listed." Them: "That just means it's seasonal." (No, that just means if you have to ask you can't afford it. Good thing they were paying for our $60 crab claws).