• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking To Identify Important Covers & Stories

62 posts in this topic

6:30 - 7:30 From Cave Art To Superheroes: Comic Books & Social Commentary. Join Mark S. Zaid, Esq., owner of EsquireComics.com, a co-founder of the Network of Disclosure and an Advisor to the Overstreet Comic Book Price and Grading Guides, for an educational and humorous interactive visual arts presentation tracing the historical creation and development of comic books and their characters, and particularly how comics addressed social issues of the day (including such topics as war, sex, civil rights, women's liberation, politics, censorship, violence, and terrorism). Room 10.

Great topic for a presentation. With I could be there to see it.

Are you focusing on how comic characters dealt with important issues? Are you looking also at how comics themselves helped do important things?

Here's an important comic - it helped determine an election. Cold "black suit" edition and warmer "grey suit" version.

82060.jpg.bf6915b00444ce0854385afd276427d2.jpg

82061.jpg.141b5b467afc4c4baa474e0aa5725b25.jpg

Boot, yes to both of your questions!!!

I didn't realize there were two variations to that cover! Fantastic! I need to find the other one now. Have you seen any historical references to the impact the comic had on the election?