• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does one grade this?

23 posts in this topic

Appears strict NM+ except for those nasty stacking marks. Anybody know of any books graded by cgc that had the same problem and how they were graded??

Thanks in advance.

epic162.jpg

I've seen back covers like this get 9.6, but haven't seen a front cover. They might ignore it because I believe you can wonder bread that stuff off.

I agree that the muck on the front cover may well be easily cleaned with the dry cleaning method. Have yet to try Wonder Bread. I must buy some and see how it stacks against the shavings pillow!

Ah ha!!! Just so happens I have another, lower grade copy with the stacking marks. I will have to break out the Wonder Bread on the lower grade copy and test the results. Thanks!! smile.gif

Wait, it might not fetch THAT high of a grade! There's no LARSON marking on the book! Scribble a cursive "L" a la Laverne & Shirley on the cover, then it'll fetch a high grade!

(What I was thinking of when I made such an absurd claim)

Linkie Poo

EPIC 16 AFTER WONDER BREAD

OK, I rubbed like half a friggin loaf on this thing. It works OK but not great. Am I doing something wrong? I removed the crusts and rubbed over the surface. I had to rub pretty hard to get any results at all. Here's the scan:

epic164.jpg

Ah [!@#%^&^]. Too late. I rubbed too hard. Look at the scan. The white border on the left became yellow from the bread! 893whatthe.gif

Bronty...you're not supposed to butter the bread!! 27_laughing.gif