• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade My DD168

42 posts in this topic

I'm thinking strong NM– because of some light creases on back that don't show up on the scan...but now if I factor in the pen mark or whatever it is?????....well that worries me. Its strange. Maybe its a VF/NM now??

The cover looks near mint, but because the back isn't I'm thinking there's a few things on the cover we can't see. So.....VF/NM.

I do like the corners and the fact I see no stress cracks along the spine. But...

I am sorry, putting a grade on this comic is kinda like a [!@#%^&^]-shoot. The condition of the front cover is too nice compared to the back and it doesn't look like they belong together based on what I see. So, the only thing I can up with is there are defects on the cover we can't see. Care to list them? grin.gif

The defects on the cover are really right there on the detailed spine scan...at the top is the biggest defect. No hidden defects on the front cover. It seems solid NM (or a hair higher) on the front. Backcover is the problem.... confused.gif

What do you think about that mark?

The defects on the cover are really right there on the detailed spine scan...at the top is the biggest defect. No hidden defects on the front cover. It seems solid NM to me on the front. Backcover is the problem.... confused.gif

You have the book - seriously- what do you make of the mark? Try angling it bacl/forth under a bright light and look for ballpoint pen "shiny reflection". Anything?

Regardless, it is a pretty book. The FC really looks NM but the BC? Well, I bet CGC would give it a 9.2 anyway if not a 9.4. (IMHO)

The defects on the cover are really right there on the detailed spine scan...at the top is the biggest defect. No hidden defects on the front cover. It seems solid NM (or a hair higher) on the front. Backcover is the problem.... confused.gif

If the comic was a 9.4, I don't think that mark would hurt it. I can barely notice it. Actually, I don't see it. But, assuming it's there, I can't honestly say how that back cover would effect a 9.4. It's just such and odd condition to go with the front. So, an educated guess would be 9.2. (Because of the back cover)

I'm certain this book would get no higher than a NM– because of the slight creases on the back. Maybe a strong VF/NM,...... but the mark has got me stumped because it doesn't have the shiny reflection. More than likely however it is a pen mark because printers defects don't look like this. I'm temped to slab it just to see the grade it gets.

That diagonal blue mark on the BC is a "printed mark" on a percentage of the books and was not added by pen.

I've seen them on several different copies in exactly the same location/angle. I've owned 1 or 2 with them and still have one. I recall seeing a couple other CGC 9.6 copies with them too. The highest graded copy also has it.

Its a non-factor in the grade.