• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade My DD168

42 posts in this topic

I know you mentioned some sort of "artist bag" earlier. I recall something like that for drafting or illustrating on bristol board? Small eraser pieces in a soft bag that was semi-permeable?

Cough it up... if there's something more effective than Wonder bread but does NOT leave a disruption to the surface?

Dagnabbit™ joint copywrite 2003 povbru©

cool.gif

Cough it up... if there's something more effective than Wonder bread but does NOT leave a disruption to the surface?

::sigh:: It is in the How To Spot Restoration thumbtacked thread...hold a sec...

OK - am back:

"Also, you ca get a "cleaning pad" - which contains basically very finely granulated white eraser substance in a small "pillow" shaped pad about 3 x 5 inches. You raise the pad above the cover and gently squeeze some of the granules onto the cover. Then very gently move the pad in a circular motion, often stopping and lifting to see if ink is being lifted."

A second technique is to again knead the shavings over the book and use your VERY CLEAN AND DRY bare hand to gently move in a circular motion over the cover. This also requires frequent checking to insure you are not picking up the inks but it is more difficult to discern without whisking away (with a very soft brush) the eraserlets and checking the color density.

Thanks Pov... so cleaning pads would be at Art Supply Stores right?
Bill Cole supplies them and old POV has advised me that those are the ones that he has used in the past. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep. A decent art supply store usually has a small section with such products, usually by Lineco.

Mmmm...now you tell me! I thought that you only used the Bill Cole products. I will search them out and try them out. ooo.gif

Yep. A decent art supply store usually has a small section with such products, usually by Lineco.

Mmmm...now you tell me! I thought that you only used the Bill Cole products. I will search them out and try them out. ooo.gif

No, I usually use Lineco because they are readily available in stores. It is possible that is the line Cole sells but am not sure.

What's the approximate cost? How many books can I mangle with it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They cost about $7-8. You can do a LOT of comics with one. But remember to lay some paper etc under the book to catch the shavings. They can be pretty "all over the place" they are so cute and tiny.