• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wish me luck Updated!

27 posts in this topic

It is. Years ago I contacted Vess to no avail trying to get this very piece. It was one of my top 3 covers from what I consider the best run of covers in modern comics. That may sound like hyperbole to some but I loved the diversity of those covers as well as the stories contained therein. Recently I looked through all the covers again trying to figure out artists and the like to see if I could get my hands on one. Tim Truman did a cool one so I tried him but I believe he did not respond. Doug Beekman also did a superb cover to say the least, but he wasn't willing to part with said piece. Then finally a Vess cover came up on ebay and I sweated it out but was afraid to pull the trigger because I wasn't sure what was outlandish and some friends were naysaying the piece. Steve B. now owns the piece and he got it for a song! I honestly don't have the money to afford this so I have sold books and bikes to come up with the scratch.Is it February yet?