• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peanuts Sunday goes for $100K+

24 posts in this topic

Good grief. 113k. That is almost beyond words. I love Peanuts also...but would never consider paying that type of money to get a Sunday strip. As some have mentioned before...I would also prefer a Calvin & Hobbes piece. I can't wait till those pieces get released in mass to the market.

Sadly, I'm not sure that's ever likely to happen since Watterson has left the art to an institution (Ohio University?).

Joseph

Hmmmm. I thought I remember reading somewhere, that he was poking fun at all of the people who were paying huge amounts for the small amout of pieces available because he said at some point they will be available in great quantity. (shrug)

Good grief. 113k. That is almost beyond words. I love Peanuts also...but would never consider paying that type of money to get a Sunday strip. As some have mentioned before...I would also prefer a Calvin & Hobbes piece. I can't wait till those pieces get released in mass to the market.

Sadly, I'm not sure that's ever likely to happen since Watterson has left the art to an institution (Ohio University?).

Joseph

Hmmmm. I thought I remember reading somewhere, that he was poking fun at all of the people who were paying huge amounts for the small amout of pieces available because he said at some point they will be available in great quantity. (shrug)

Universities often have to move their holdings, and will do so unless their contract specifically stipulates against it. Not sure what kind of contract Watterson has in place.