• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD TX.

37 posts in this topic

Thanks ,Buff. ,...would have loved going to dinner. Wife was conducting an estate sale in Hillsborough TX...Couldn't lock the kids in the closet any longer....Sorry I missed WATSON though.Apparantly ,he went to see the Alamo,the Wax Museum,Sigried and Roy and some other tourist stuff!...............see ya ,.....BH.....

Thanks ,Buff. ,...would have loved going to dinner. Wife was conducting an estate sale in Hillsborough TX...Couldn't lock the kids in the closet any longer....Sorry I missed WATSON though.Apparantly ,he went to see the Alamo,the Wax Museum,Sigried and Roy and some other tourist stuff!...............see ya ,.....BH.....

Made it back in time for dinner. I was in rare form. :)

Everyone was fantastic. Had a blast.

Alright...here's my pics and a brief recap of events. It's a crappy writeup because my feet hurt and I'm tired. I know for a fact I forgot a lot of stuff (like people's real names...I'm horrible with names). Anyways, here you go:

http://www.comicfanboy.net/node/45

(pics are shrunk a little...if you want to see one full-size, right-click it and choose "view image" in firefox...it's probably a similar option in IE)

Great report! Thanks for the pics. My wife and I enjoyed the forum dinner as well.

I think my wife has gotten into the collecting aspect now, so after her second Wizard World, she has began her own stack of books.

We had a blast!!

JammnIT

It's a crappy writeup because my feet hurt and I'm tired.

I think you write pretty good, considering you use your feet and all.

Any reports from Dealer's perspective?? Were sales up or down or average?? attendence??

Calling Mr. Bedrock... you're wanted on line #1 ;)

It seemed like a usual size crowd for the Dallas show, though Saturday sure was busier than usual. Sales were up for us over previous shows, but that wasn't hard to do as Dallas is by for our weakest show in terms of sales. My main reason for setting up is because it is close (if four and a half hours is close) to home. But this year, because The Big Apple show was the same weekend, Graham Crackers, Dale Robert's second team, and I were the only guys with old stuff. One guy bought a Flash 7 (cgc 4.5) and a Capt. America 11 and after he paid he said the "asian dude" he usually buys from wasn't there. It is always fun to steal a sale from Harley.

So sales far exceeded expectations, I picked up a nice batch of golden age (thanks weirdpaper!), did a bunch of trading ( thanks djpinkpanther!) and had a great time.