• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOCKED!

58 posts in this topic

I thought Dupchecking was checking over your silver age marvels for trim and color touch? confused.gifgrin.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I wonder if "Dupcheck" is on the CGC grader's official checklist (not that I'm aware they have one)?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I wonder if "Dupcheck" is on the CGC grader's official checklist (not that I'm aware they have one)?

I'm a big fan of using as few words as possible to describe something. Most people use the term "restoration detection" or "restoration checking" to describe looking a book over for work...but this term is much more succinct!!! Let me try a few uses...

"Has that book been dupchecked?"

"I need to dupcheck this book while I can still return it."

"I don't buy raw from E-Bay anymore because I'm not good enough at dupchecking yet."

Works well!!! It's even got the root fragment "dup" in there, which is similar to "dupe"! From now on, might I propose that "dupchecking" be the official term for performing restoration detection!!! I'm writing the Gods of Grading right now!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

my questions are:

"Why is this guy still here?

"Why is he allowed to keep coming back????

"When will go away and stay away or be prevented from coming back?????"

...and why do the rest of you continue to try to engage him in these no-win verbal games?

his Ebay record would be far less impressive (what is it? 1000-5, 1000-3?). That is unless you think that 1000 buyers wouldn't notice within 3 months time (time enough to leave negative feedback) that they received a digital recreation in the mail instead of a comic book and left positive feedback before CGC could inform them of that.

Just for the record, it's more like 500+ buyers accounting for ~1,000 sales, not 1,000 buyers.

I don't remember even mentioning the name Dupcheck (the landlord on third rock) or Dupcak.

Any responses I made here was to be called the Hammer. makepoint.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif But I thought Blue Adept and Batfan (possibly Otis as well), according to some here, was Hammer??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey Blue!!! What do you make of this? confused.gif

Old Guy, I saw your picture. Standing next to Bernie Wrightson.

If you're looking to have $50grand challenge bouts with anybody, even adolescents, I'd explore an alternative means of trying to make a buck!! flowerred.gif

I'll be in Vegas for the con. Put your mony where your mouth is.

news.gif The Mighty Old Guy!! sumo.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Calm down, Sweetheart! flowerred.gif

sleeping.gif

Coming from someone that hides behind lies and deception I'm lookin' pretty mighty by comparison. Everyone knows what I look like, where I live, what my Ebay feedback is for and from, my e-mail address and where I'm going to be Oct. 31 - Nov. 2. All we know about you is that you sell restored comics, lie about about it and make challenges you can't stand up to when given the opportunity. thumbsup2.gif

I'm done with you. hi.gif

Well, at this point, since you're not hammer, we have no idea how big you are, right? So post a pic of yourself, how about. Preferably without the face blacked out 27_laughing.gif

..and no I'm not going to post a pic of myself so don't go down that road - I can predict your post already. 893blahblah.gif I'm not the one calling OldGuy a wimp.

I didn't say he was small, did I? I gave my opinion that given his appearance, that one would never imagine that he is a professional tough guy Champion & that in my estimation, he shouldn't be making threats and challenges to individuals sight unseen.

Given his appearance of not being a world class professional strongman or fighter, in my opinion, I believe that these types of physical challenges that he issues to opponents he picks, without seeing them, might one day prove fatal to him.

Just my opinion based on his appearance, that doesn't look as imposing to me as it obviously does to you. If he looks that fearsome to you, then YOU must be an adolescent. In that case, you'd be right up his alley and YOU should accept his challenge!!

If he wants to fight folks sight unseen, if you don't want to face him, I can make a suggestion. (now whispering to just Bronty) Listen kid, I know a guy that collects money from people who owe a particular "bookie". This guy not only doesn't care about pain, but he loves to inflict it (no kidding). If Old Guy so desperately is seeking a challenger for his coveted "toughest guy in the world" title and wants to put $50 large on the line, (whispering even more softly), I'll give you this guy's number and you offer him $20large to go a couple rounds with Old Guy. Let them beat each other senseless! You give the guy his $20 thou when the smoke clears, you keep $25grand for yourself and you send me $5Gs for the referral.

Go ahead, be a smart kid and set it up with Old Guy, he'll fall for it. He doesn't seem to fast on the upload. Pick a fight with him for $50Gs, and (whispering again) you send this guy as you. Ssshhhhhh! We'll talk more later. Here comes that Old Guy again.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Given his appearance of not being a world class professional strongman or fighter, in my opinion, I believe that these types of physical challenges that he issues to opponents he picks, without seeing them, might one day prove fatal to him.

Don't count OldGuy out...he's got the physique of someone, well versed in the art of YUBIWAZA!