• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Wizard World Texas Report

80 posts in this topic

Great report Scott, next time don't forget the camera :gossip: BTW I look forward to seeing the sketch when it arrives, make sure to show it.

Yep....definitely will post it when it shows up. I am looking forward to it too....I am not going to be impatient about it as Jeff told me Bill can get behind sometimes. I want him to take his time and make it look reel purty!!!

S

in his new Jaguar XKR

Hey, that's an XJR mister! :baiting: (thumbs u

Damn.....that is right....the K is the coupe....but then again I only edited my post about 6 times after I posted it........thanks for the ride Don. Made my wife jealous when I showed her a pic of what it looks like on the Jaguar site. Suwheeeet!!!

S

fifty thousand dollars would buy a lot of funnybooks. just saying.

nice report, Scott. thanks for taking the time to write it up for us (thumbs u

Thanks Marc.......but add about another 35K to your amount. :gossip:

i was factoring in depreciation...

in his new Jaguar XKR

Damn.....that is right....the K is the coupe....but then again I only edited my post about 6 times after I posted it........thanks for the ride Don. Made my wife jealous when I showed her a pic of what it looks like on the Jaguar site. Suwheeeet!!!

S

Now that is funny.....and sad at the same time because it is true.

S

Here are the dinner pictures...

Left to right...

Lonchair, Krazy Kenny, John72tx, My Name Is Legion, Weird Paper, Weird Paper's friend Able, Buffy Fan, Mr. Bedrock.

IMG_1672.jpg

Right to left...

Wrightson Fan, Doctor Watson, DJ Pink Panther, Music Meta, JamminIT, Mrs. JamminIT, Mrs. Bedrock (Tarzan Geek)

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg[/

How come no one took your picture? (shrug)

Just one or two corrections: Old paper is weirdpaper and his friend is Able. Mrs. Bedrock is aka Tarzan geek and I am Legion is My name is legion - I think.

Great job otherwise, Jeff. BTW... I am going on a diet. :P The camera really does add 10 pounds, so now I have to lose 30 instead of 20. doh!

in his new Jaguar XKR

S

Now that is funny.....and sad at the same time because it is true.

S

:gossip: I could trade it in today for exactly what we paid for it. The dealer took the depreciation hit not us. :acclaim:

That table was much too long. Someone would say something at one end and it would mean something completely different by the time it reached the other end.

By reading Doc Watson's lips I got "Hi, I'm Doc Watson."

But by the time the sound reached us it sounded oddly like "I collect low grade moderns."

As not to clutter up the boards with a bunch more WWTx threads I'll coattail on WrightsonFan's...

Thursday night

Went to Titan Comics to see Kevin O'Neill who was doing a signing. He was very nice and we talked while he did a sketch in my Absolute LoEG.

IMG_1664.jpg

He also did a Marvel Value Stamp for me (Mandarin)...

058_TheMandarin_KevinOneill.jpg

Friday

Got to the show about an hour before it opened. Had a dealer's pass so I was able to do a little a looking around before the unwashed masses decended. Ran into Paul Litch who was talking to Rich over at the Bedrock City booth. Good to finally meet Rich... seeing Litch again, not so much of a pleasure. :P

Went to Splash Page Art to meet Marko Djurdjevic (thanks to Mark Hay for flying him in from Germany. Marko was extremely nice and did this great Hulk for me.

MarkoDjurdjevic_Hulk.jpg

After that it was over to Artist Alley to get on some lists. First stop was Mitch Breitweiser's. This guy is totally underrated and should be an A-List cover artist. He also said he would do a Marvel Value Stamp but I had to wait until Sunday.

I made my way with a friend to Joe Benitiez' table where he did a Stamp for me (Mantis)...

045_Mantis_JoeBenitez.jpg

I stopped off at Andy Kuhn's and he also did one (Red Ghost)...

061_RedGhost_AdamKuhn.jpg

After that I pretty much just wandered around for the rest of the afternoon. I got asked Josh Howard to do a sketch for me and would pick it up Saturday. Met up with Don (BuffyFan) and we shot the bull for a little while.

At the booth where DjPinkPanther picked up his Iron Man #1 I found a small stack of early Spider-mans. There was an acceptable Spidey #2 that I picked up for a good price (sorry, haven't scanned it yet). It's probably a solid 3.5 but there is a large piece missing from the back cover -- still, for the right price I'm all over it.

After the show Lonchair and I headed back to my house where we talked until around midnight.

Saturday

Lonchair met me at my house and we headed out to the show.. got there about 10 minutes before the doors opened. I decided to focus on getting more Marvel Value Stamps done.

First up was Michael Lark (Baron Zemo)...

086_BaronZemo_MichaelLark.jpg

Then, sitting right next to him, Marko Djurdjevic (Quicksilver)...

052_QuickSilver_MarkoDjurdj.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

Stood in line for Michael Broussard (Loki) and Phil Hester (The Stranger) for a few minutes. There was this really smelly dork standing behind me how's volume was stuck at 11... made those few minutes seem like a few days.

040_Loki_MichaelBroussard.jpg

074_TheStranger_PhilHester.jpg

Don, Lonchair and I headed out to lunch... got to ride in Don's pimpmobile. Damn, that's one nice car. We went to J. Gilligan's, a local bar/burger joint over by Lone Star Comic's main office. Don, being the pimp he is, picked up the tab. Thanks, man!

I stopped off at Josh Howards and he had this for me...

JoshHoward_SpaceGirl-1.jpg

Don mentioned to me that he was considering picking up a JLA #2 that PGX had over at their table. He said it was a 5.0 so I screamed out... "Hell no, stay away from their mid-grades they are junk." I went over to their booth and looked at the JLA #2 in question. At first look 5.0 seemed a little low but then I noticed a rusty staple... a really rusty top staple... and a rusty bottom staple... oh, and water damage running the entire length of the top back cover. meh

IMG_1671.jpg

I spent the rest of the day digging through several of the $1 boxes and found a stack of readers. Then I met up with Don, Kenny, Thomas, et. al. and headed to Saviano's for dinner. That was a great time.

Sunday

Slept in and got to the show about noon. I was just going to pick up a couple of sketches but Mitch wasn't finished so I had to wait. However, he did do a Stamp for me (Marvel Girl)...

069_MarvelGirl_MitchBreitwe.jpg

The line was short at Humberto Ramos' table (I was 6th in line) and I figured I'd ask him to knock one out too. After an hour and a half I got this (Doc Ock)... worth the wait...

096_DoctorOctopus_HumbertoR.jpg

Don came by and said Kenneth Rocaford was about to set up so I went over there and stood in line (behind a guy who already had 3 free sketches from Kenneth -- jackazz). Again, well worth the wait (Hammerhead)...

089_Hammerhead_KennethRocaf.jpg

As the show slosed I went over to Mitch Breitweiser's to get my commission. Well, all I can say is good things come to those who wait. This things is unbelievable (11x17)...

MitchBreitweiser_SpaceGirl.jpg

After that Don, Lonchair and I headed over to Steak And Shake for a quick bite. All in all not a bad show at all.