• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some info on this Hulk 181

23 posts in this topic

This thread was practically tailor made for these boards... A Hulk 181 that you bought at a yard sale? For what? A quarter? Was the seller old? You couldn't make this stuff up.

The above has nothing to do with you, of course. It's just commentary on a couple of running themes around here.

Your book? I can't really tell because the image isn't large or high rez enough and the book is still in a bag. Regardless it looks pretty good for a yard sale pickup. Is the book complete?

Just a box of comic books for $15.00, I didn't even look through, figured what the heck and paid the $15.00. It was a middle aged lady running the yard sale. I'll see if I can get a larger picture of the book later tonight. The book is complete!

I'd say good job on the find, butcha better watch out for the forum police!! foreheadslap.gif

But he's got a good alibi... he didn't know it was in there!

I didn't hear him say anything about going back to give the old lady a few extra hundred bucks after he realized it was in there! 893naughty-thumb.gif Besides...he probably just made it up to not make himself sound like a heel. stooges.gif

Besides...he probably just made it up to not make himself sound like a heel.

Yeah - found it in the bottom of the box, indeed! gossip.gif

It is unfortunate that I have gotten these replys as I have only asked for your opinion of the books condition not where, how I got the book. Please limit your reply as to the condition of the book. 893naughty-thumb.gif893blahblah.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thanks.

It is unfortunate that I have gotten these replys as I have only asked for your opinion of the books condition not where, how I got the book. Please limit your reply as to the condition of the book. 893naughty-thumb.gif893blahblah.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thanks.

As requested, I shall limit my reply to the condition of the book. I think the condition under which you bought the book is going to be cause for considerable celebration and talk here!

tongue.giftongue.gif

As far as how the book itself looks, well, it could use a bigger scan. But it seems to be pretty. Certainly not badly centered etc and the colors seem nice. I can make out some spine lines and it looks somewhere in the F/F+ range but again - a much better scan is needed.

Thanks.

Just as a piece of friendly advice, asking anyone around to here to "limit their replies" to any one topic isn't going to work very well. That's just the nature of the beast- message boards in general and this place in particular.

Secondly, read this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=253973&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

and the responses here will begin to make more sense.

Based on the scan, I'd say it's somewhere between a Fine and Very Fine. Could be a F+. If I look at it upside down, it looks kinda like a F/VF. When I turned it upside down again, it looked right-side up. From a couple feet away, it looks like a VF-. Then, when I turned it upside down again, which isn't easy let me tell you (monitor's heavy) it looked like a VF.

Any chance we can get a better scan?

And, oh yeah, if I were buying a box of old comics for $15.00 at a yard sale, there's no way I'd take the time to look at them.

No way.

I'm happy for your find and congratulate you for being able to get this book as cheaply as you did. But don't think we're insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. mad.gif