• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do you go to Conventions.

What is your main focus when attendending cons?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main focus when attendending cons?

56 posts in this topic

what do you guys bring with you to carry the books you bought? i always end up with an unwieldily stack under my arm by the end of the day.

What works best for me is a DJ or Messenger bag. A good one will have enough structural support to stay rigid and retain it's shape better than a canvas tote bag. I pack a few beater LPs in it, and put my purchases between them, but large pieces of cardboard would work as well. They're much less cumbersome than a backpack and much easier to maneuver through a crowd.

People who double their width by wearing a stuffed backpack (except those that belong to their son) in confined spaces drive me nuts.

1428_Silver.jpg

VPR0001000_P3.jpg

i stuff the books down my pants

Rolled up, no doubt.

It's ing Derek from Spinal Tap... doh!

only i don't wrap them in al-u-min-i-um foil tho. learned that lesson the hard way

Rolled up, no doubt.

only i don't wrap them in al-u-min-i-um foil tho. learned that lesson the hard way

Yeah, steer clear of that alu-min-um stuff...the body searches are brutal at your airports these days.

So I've heard... :whistle:

Rolled up, no doubt.

Yeah, steer clear of that alu-min-um stuff...the body searches are brutal at your airports these days.

So I've heard... :whistle:

on account of all the bloody ferrigners who keep coming here to buy our blue jeans and dvds

I didn't vote because I haven't been to one since 1989 :(

:o why is that?

:think: hmm....., first of three kids...., born in 1989...., 1990 moved to the outback in the middle of nowhere on the road to nowhere....., :think:

I was ok up to the depressing part.

While I enjoy eating meat there is nothing more depressing than watching 2 people consume nothing but the stuff. If anybody thinks Steve Borock hate's vegetables they should sit across the Carnivore Kings of England.

I actually only go to shows to meet people...whether it's boarders or dealers I need to catch up with, whatever...they are the only reason I go these days.

Unfortunately, I remember the 'good old days', when it was about comics, comics and more comics. What I see these days has pretty much no appeal. :(

However, the best show I've been to in years was Wizard World Philly this year. The show sucked, I bought almost nothing...but I met up with a whole bunch of brilliant people (kudos still go out to BK for his hospitality (worship) )and had an excellent time, especially at dinner Thursday and Friday night. The highlight for me was sitting my wife, Sally Sunshine herself, next to Bob 'Laughing Boy' Storms at the Friday dinner...and watch Bob try to maintain his usual dour, cynical, depressing manner in the face of such unrelenting, perky optimism.

Worth the price of admission alone! lol

I look forward to meeting you at a show sometime Nick...but we will have to avoid a vat of creamed corn.

You drink creamed corn in Texas??? :o

that, Rich, I'm taking you to a proper bar! (thumbs u

I'll hold you to that! But a warning...We Texans keep our pinkies firmly attached to the glass.

I actually only go to shows to meet people...whether it's boarders or dealers I need to catch up with, whatever...they are the only reason I go these days.

Unfortunately, I remember the 'good old days', when it was about comics, comics and more comics. What I see these days has pretty much no appeal. :(

However, the best show I've been to in years was Wizard World Philly this year. The show sucked, I bought almost nothing...but I met up with a whole bunch of brilliant people (kudos still go out to BK for his hospitality (worship) )and had an excellent time, especially at dinner Thursday and Friday night. The highlight for me was sitting my wife, Sally Sunshine herself, next to Bob 'Laughing Boy' Storms at the Friday dinner...and watch Bob try to maintain his usual dour, cynical, depressing manner in the face of such unrelenting, perky optimism.

Worth the price of admission alone! lol

I look forward to meeting you at a show sometime Nick...but we will have to avoid a vat of creamed corn.

You drink creamed corn in Texas??? :o

that, Rich, I'm taking you to a proper bar! (thumbs u

I'll hold you to that! But a warning...We Texans keep our pinkies firmly attached to the glass.

:signfunny:lol

I was ok up to the depressing part.

While I enjoy eating meat there is nothing more depressing than watching 2 people consume nothing but the stuff. If anybody thinks Steve Borock hate's vegetables they should sit across the Carnivore Kings of England.

Hey, one of those Carnivore Kings was one of your own! :sumo:

Don't blame me for her conduct...blame everyone in Florida! (tsk)