• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why was the slab cracking thread pulled?

61 posts in this topic

will now fuel far more fire than if you all could read the original thread.

Indeed. I never paid attention to the original thread. Now I too know for a fact that slabs can be cracked (should I be banned for simply saying it?) Once meth posted his proof of concept and it was seen by enough people- pulling the thread became counter-productive. It created controversy where there was none and got even more people involved in the discussion. And, to be honest, it does nothing to protect the integrity of the slabs. (not that anyone with a mind to defraud people wasn't already tinkering. ) Pulling the thread as a safety mechanism is the equivalent of "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Ridiculous.

If someone wants to tell me that CGC pulled it because it's their sand-box- fine. I won't argue that. If someone is telling me that pulling the thread was the right idea from anyone's persepctive- I ain't buying what your selling.