• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-bag comics as received?

24 posts in this topic

I rebag & board if the bag or board look yucky. I also don't like the self stick bags.

But lately it's just too expensive/time consuming. I probably have 2000-3000 BA and SA books that probably deserve a new bag/board, but I don't want to lay out the money for supplies or spend 2 days doing it. When I re-bag and board I make little notes about the condition and interior and back cover on the tape so that I don't have to take it out if I decide to scan/sell the book. On an expensive book I would, but likely not on a $5 book.

I always re-bag. Moderns into polybags, often 2 to a bag with a board between. Silver and nice Bronze issues into mylar/fullback/microchamber.

I harvest a ton of old backing boards from my ebay packages. These, my kids love to use for crafts and drawings. I gave about 500 of these to my daughter's pre-school teacher, and she was genuinely thrilled.

These poor pre-school teachers don't get out much do they !!