• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone Else Here a Crossword Solver?

32 posts in this topic

ebb?

:headbang: Excellent . . . we have a winner!

"Wolf" is "flow" spelled backwards.

"flow backwards" = ebb

Love this one. Diabolical, yet elegantly simple.

Sal: (worship)

would never have gotten it without the hint. it's a damn good crossword clue.

and yes, i do love me some xwords. our paper has stopped using the NY Times version in favour of the LA Times to my great dismay

It's been part of my daily routine for years. Check a few eBay favorite sellers, look in on the boards, and solve the NY Times crossword on-line. Used to literally sit on my grandfather's lap as he did the puzzles in the local paper --- then, one day, I was able to start helping him with some clues. Eventually, he had to tell me to get my own copy!

I can almost always solve the Times puzzle. Usually takes me 5 to 10 minutes for a Mon thru Wed puzzle, maybe up to a half-hour for Friday thru Sun.

Let's face it, we're all "geeks" here --- but is anyone man enough to own up to being a puzzle nerd, too? lol

BTW, here is my favorite Cryptic Crossword clue ever:

1. Wolf (answer has 3 letters)

Tune in tomorrow for the answer.

I do one every morning in our daily paper, but am not at your level. Gets the juices flowing!

ebb?

:headbang: Excellent . . . we have a winner!

"Wolf" is "flow" spelled backwards.

"flow backwards" = ebb

Love this one. Diabolical, yet elegantly simple.

Dang. I was going to say Lon (as in Chaney)