• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN / SUB MARINER # 1

111 posts in this topic

guys..let's put this thing to rest...i know i'm the NEWBIE here and maybe this is part of the process...cal had a wtb thread looking for im/sm..i replied to that thread and sent him pics..etc...from my end i never heard back from him so i made a post and someone bought the book...i then heard from cal AFTER deal was made and payment was en route from other party..i explained to cal that probably through my error i did not receive his pm and did not know of his offer..had i known [like i explained to him it would have been accepted]..but i was not going to renege on an agreed deal that was paid for...i apologized numerous times for the misunderstanding....but he seems to think that i had a personel vendetta against him...why would i...why would i refuse a sale to someone i don't even know..i regret that the situation escalated to this point but i did what i felt is right...now if i backed out of a deal then that would be another story....i don't want people taking sides etc....it was a misunderstanding/ miscommunication ..for that again i do apologize ...time to move on...

But neither one has said that Cal was offered the book at a set price that he then accepted. Cal just says that he made an offer of $102. Nicka says he never got it. Cal then loses his freaking mind and determines that the Illuminati has sprung its trap around him. Cal then oils himself with lard and escapes before the trap can be closed. Once again Cal has proved himself to be above the rest of us plebians.

:signfunny:

guys..let's put this thing to rest...i know I'm the NEWBIE here and maybe this is part of the process...cal had a wtb thread looking for im/sm..i replied to that thread and sent him pics..etc...from my end i never heard back from him so i made a post and someone bought the book...i then heard from cal AFTER deal was made and payment was en route from other party..i explained to cal that probably through my error i did not receive his pm and did not know of his offer..had i known [like i explained to him it would have been accepted]..but i was not going to renege on an agreed deal that was paid for...i apologized numerous times for the misunderstanding....but he seems to think that i had a personel vendetta against him...why would i...why would i refuse a sale to someone i don't even know..i regret that the situation escalated to this point but i did what i felt is right...now if i backed out of a deal then that would be another story....i don't want people taking sides etc....it was a misunderstanding/ miscommunication ..for that again i do apologize ...time to move on...

Nick, In answer to my previous post, Cal mentioned "needing repose"...

Cal and I have dealt with each other on the Ebay chatboard forever and I'm probably not visible, but I've been on some kind of list for years (but he does know I'm honest with him), finally, after a long time, I kind of figured it out...Whenever I see Cal posting at 7 AM...I'm reminded of this poem...

RED SKY IN MORNING, SAILORS WARNING; RED SKY AT NIGHT, SAILORS DELIGHT

Because it means he's been up all night...it's 7am for me, and 4am for him...

That, and mentioning his pet book...and someone ELSE getting one...is like the Old Abbot and Costello gag, about Niagara Falls and Slowly I turn (a possibly not insane person, turns into a homicidal maniac after hearing the Key Words, "Niagara Falls"....)

You would have had NO way of knowing that. I saw your post on his thread...and it didn't look like anything happened. I saw you post this book and I actually thought about buying it, (because mine is low grade) and I said to myself..."self...don't go there, there are LOTS of other books"...

You would have had NO way of knowing the potential fallout with that book. You also might not realize that this "selling forum" is a tiny part of the boards as a whole...so, nice to meet you...and I hope to see you on a few of the other boards...:) When I first came, I read the selling forum the most...now I read the active list first thing...you never know what new and amusing things will be popping up:)

Cal, try posting AFTER you sleep...it would be pleasant to see the "delight part"...not the "take warning" part, for a change. You MIGHT post the same way...but maybe there would be a chance that you would just understand that someone is just NEW...not out to get YOU.