• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST: ROUND 10

101 posts in this topic

I suppose that the two creases i saw on the back cover where, in fact, not here... :(

I see them on my home's monitor, not on my job's monitor :frustrated:

Yeah, I had it at 9.6 before I saw the LLC crease on the BC hence my grade of 9.4.

I am new to grading but have been tying to learn. Can someone explain the 9.6 with this defect. (shrug)

:(

Went back and forth between 9.4 and 9.6 about ten times...I knew whichever I chose was the one it wouldn't be. lol Just kept staring at that tear at the bottom staple.

I kept going back and forth too...Nik bump, no Nik bump, Nik bump, no Nik bump..

:tonofbricks: When am I going to learn to always go with the Nik bump. :makepoint:

I over-bumped at 9.8... :sorry:

I suppose that the two creases i saw on the back cover where, in fact, not here... :(

Yeah, I had it at 9.6 before I saw the LLC crease on the BC hence my grade of 9.4.

I am new to grading but have been tying to learn. Can someone explain the 9.6 with this defect. (shrug)

What crease?

What crease?

On the back cover,the lower left corner seems to have been bent back creating a crease. No?

Nope, don't see it!

But now that I look again... what is that little zigzag horizontal line across the rear cover left margin, just above the level of the word 'sizzlers'...? Didn't see that before! Something on the scanner?

:sumo: Seconded!

My worst guesses came from thinking I saw a non-existent defect. I could've asked Nik, but then what's the point, where's the challenge of grading from a scan?

Granted,

Im up for the challenge. No questions from me.

This is where i thought i saw creases :

backsubby.jpg

Yes! that bottom left corner has been bent.

Well, nik owns the book and he says no crease...

Just blowing off steam.I respect Nik and believe what he says.