• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hulk #181 cgc 9.4 for $1850?!?

27 posts in this topic

So what do you think about DC,Golden age books, and pre 66 Marvel??

I don't see much appreciation for most comic books, though the older and more key the issue, the higher the percentage that it will maintain value or even rise.

I ask this question a lot, but how can comic get any hotter than today? With CGC, EBay, Heritage, and the Marvel Movie Machine hitting us hard, I can only see demand moving downward in the future.

I will still collect, but I refuse to pay the nosebleed prices for HG CGC comics, when I am certain that price will drop in the future. So for now, I'm banking my comic cash and watching like a hawk for the inevitable to take shape.

Or as Kurt Russell says in The Thing: ""Why don't we just wait here a while...and see what happens."

I don't see much appreciation for most comic books, though the older and more key the issue, the higher the percentage that it will maintain value or even rise.

I ask this question a lot, but how can comic get any hotter than today? With CGC, EBay, Heritage, and the Marvel Movie Machine hitting us hard, I can only see demand moving downward in the future.

I will still collect, but I refuse to pay the nosebleed prices for HG CGC comics, when I am certain that price will drop in the future. So for now, I'm banking my comic cash and watching like a hawk for the inevitable to take shape.

Or as Kurt Russell says in The Thing: ""Why don't we just wait here a while...and see what happens."

The question is how long it will take for a drop? With all of the "1st" movies coming out over the next two years for Marvel characters, you can bet that the speculators will bounce from title to title with the impending cinematic releases and keep driving up the prices. Once the party is over, prices will start to fall. However, I do not think that unslabbed books will fall as much as the CGC copies for the simple fact that the CGC bubble looks to be waning.

My hope is that the movies will start bringing back kids to comics again. I look at my little cousin and his friends (they are in Grade 2) and although they have trouble reading them, they are picking up Spider-man comics thanks to the movie. Has anyone else noticed this with their friends'/relatives' kids as well?

Just look at the number of X-Men #94's in 9.6 that have been creeping up recently, and you'll get your answer. Also, look how long, and how many submissions it took for an ASM #129 to get a 9.8. But it happened, and I'm willing to bet it will happen again.

So when I see crazy money being paid for a 9.4 of any bronze key, I find myself hoping that the buyer is a true collector and intends to keep the book for their collection, not someone who hopes to profit.

ditto on allot of other stuff -- you really never know what could still be floating out there unslabbed...just look at that current eBay mint super sweet ASM 300 9.8 white pages....that was a very recent submission -- you can tell by the new blue label.....

ditto on allot of other stuff -- you really never know what could still be floating out there unslabbed...just look at that current eBay mint super sweet ASM 300 9.8 white pages....that was a very recent submission -- you can tell by the new blue label.....

You never know. It could have been a resubmit. Only by using Valiantman's Census Information can we tell how many new books are graded, and how many are resubmits (assuming that the label is turned in with a resubmit).