• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restoration Detection Seminar to be held at Wizard LA, Chicago

50 posts in this topic

A panel, co-hosted by Matt Nelson of Classics Inc. and myself, on different methods of detecting restoration in comic books will be held at both Wizard World LA and Wizard World Chicago. Slides and hands-on examples will be used to show some easy techniques to spot things like color touch, tear seals, reinforcement, and other additive methods of restoration. It should be a good primer for the novice collector, and fun for those of you have a little more experience in encountering restoration.

The exact dates and times are to be announced, but we will have an hour (including Q & A) to make experts of you all!

Be There!

I'll probably attend... Being a HG SA-MA collector I always have always focused on strict grading but I have never really dealt with any resto other than seeing color touch in my LCS once in a blue moon... I could use the experiance

Rich,

For those of us who won't be attending Chicago, is there any chance of getting copies of the power point presentation?

Thanks,

Rich,

For those of us who won't be attending Chicago, is there any chance of getting copies of the power point presentation?

Thanks,

Thanks for the idea! I will make arrangements to make something available.

It obviously would need some visuals. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this (or would we need to videotape the entire presentation?).

Rich,

Thanks,

It obviously would need some visuals. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this (or would we need to videotape the entire presentation?).

You can embed video into a powerpoint presentation. if you wanted to avoid creating a whole 'nother presentation piece that wasn't a single-camera video

Rich,

Thanks,

This screams for an obscenely edited YouTube video. I look forward to it!

(btw, sounds like a great idea, congrats on putting it together!)

Rich,

Thanks,

You can embed video into a powerpoint presentation. if you wanted to avoid creating a whole 'nother presentation piece that wasn't a single-camera video

I am probably the most low-tech guy on here, but I will talk with some of my minions and figure it out! Thanks.

Richard, I have some Dupcak books that can be used if necessary, but you will have to promise to insure them for big money and then be very careful not to LOSE them. ;)

hm ..... :devil:

A panel, co-hosted by Matt Nelson of Classics Inc. and myself, on different methods of detecting restoration in comic books will be held at both Wizard World LA and Wizard World Chicago. Slides and hands-on examples will be used to show some easy techniques to spot things like color touch, tear seals, reinforcement, and other additive methods of restoration. It should be a good primer for the novice collector, and fun for those of you have a little more experience in encountering restoration.

The exact dates and times are to be announced, but we will have an hour (including Q & A) to make experts of you all!

Be There!

Damn right ill be there!

Thanks for putting this on and if there is anything I can do Richie, lemme know.