• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restoration Detection Seminar to be held at Wizard LA, Chicago

50 posts in this topic

A panel, co-hosted by Matt Nelson of Classics Inc. and myself, on different methods of detecting restoration in comic books will be held at both Wizard World LA and Wizard World Chicago. Slides and hands-on examples will be used to show some easy techniques to spot things like color touch, tear seals, reinforcement, and other additive methods of restoration.

How about tips on detecting things that CGC doesn't consider resto, but really are? Like pressing, staple replacement, "wonder bread" dirt removal, disassembly, etc? Things Matt does on a regular basis?

A panel, co-hosted by Matt Nelson of Classics Inc. and myself, on different methods of detecting restoration in comic books will be held at both Wizard World LA and Wizard World Chicago. Slides and hands-on examples will be used to show some easy techniques to spot things like color touch, tear seals, reinforcement, and other additive methods of restoration.

How about tips on detecting things that CGC doesn't consider resto, but really are? Like pressing, staple replacement, "wonder bread" dirt removal, disassembly, etc? Things Matt does on a regular basis?

Here's an idea, Stu. Why don't you hold a seminar where you try to show a little class?

Rich,

For those of us who won't be attending Chicago, is there any chance of getting copies of the power point presentation?

Thanks,

Thanks for the idea! I will make arrangements to make something available.

It obviously would need some visuals. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this (or would we need to videotape the entire presentation?).

You can embed video into a powerpoint presentation. if you wanted to avoid creating a whole 'nother presentation piece that wasn't a single-camera video

I am probably the most low-tech guy on here, but I will talk with some of my minions and figure it out! Thanks.

I would love to see the enitre presentation especially the visual of the books with the restoration (thumbs u

Rich,

For those of us who won't be attending Chicago, is there any chance of getting copies of the power point presentation?

Thanks,

It obviously would need some visuals. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this (or would we need to videotape the entire presentation?).

You can embed video into a powerpoint presentation. if you wanted to avoid creating a whole 'nother presentation piece that wasn't a single-camera video

I am probably the most low-tech guy on here, but I will talk with some of my minions and figure it out! Thanks.

I would love to see the enitre presentation especially the visual of the books with the restoration (thumbs u

Come to Chicago and you can.

Rich,

Thanks,

Come to Chicago and you can.

hm

Here's an idea, Stu. Why don't you hold a seminar where you try to show a little class?

:applause:

While I would encourage everyone to attend, it looks like we are going to be able to film the LA presentation and mix the video with the power point presentation (thanks for the idea Sal (thumbs u ).

At some point we will make dvds available. I will definitely keep you posted.

While I would encourage everyone to attend, it looks like we are going to be able to film the LA presentation and mix the video with the power point presentation (thanks for the idea Sal (thumbs u ).

Your invoice is in the mail (thumbs u

It will be a great way to meet some of the board members too. (thumbs u

With a paid admission to the show, we are now offering free admission to the seminar for board members! :acclaim:

With a paid admission to the show, we are now offering free admission to the seminar for board members! :acclaim:

You know what I am thinking. I just can't bring myself to type it. seesaw.gif

YAY :applause:

:takeit:

Does this include dealers passes :whistle:

Yes, if you have a dealer's badge you will be allowed in the seminar for free. :grin:

Yes, if you have a dealer's badge you will be allowed in the seminar for free. :grin:

:banana:

any chance this will be recorded and put up for download or to watch someplace?.. I'd love to see something like this because I just don't understand the entire idea of restoration... Its paper .... how can you "fix" paper specially the kind they used back in the 50s ect :D