• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Working For CGC

109 posts in this topic

My history as a "CGC Basher" would prevent my application from going through unfortunately.....
lol me too :blush:

I'm serious. I applied for witness status for the Signature line a while back....and was denied for that very reason. :tonofbricks:

Is that not legally....discrimination hm

No it's not discimination and Chris I am actually surprised that you applied considering your position here on the boards.

(shrug)

What position?

I should have said you history, not position. Sorry. Still....

Getting denied actually saved me a ton of money. I dropped 4K+ in submission fees alone prior to my application. Once denied....I stopped submitting completely.

Yes it is. Too bad private parties can discriminate against you for any non-protected reason they want. Can't do it for race, religion, sex, etc. Can do it for: your hair looks funny, we don't like your stand on legalizing drugs, you said bad things about us, etc.

Private companies should be able to hire whomever they darn well want to, without having to give a reason. The day the government tells me who I have to hire is the day "Das Kapital" is required reading

Yes it is. Too bad private parties can discriminate against you for any non-protected reason they want. Can't do it for race, religion, sex, etc. Can do it for: your hair looks funny, we don't like your stand on legalizing drugs, you said bad things about us, etc.

Private companies should be able to hire whomever they darn well want to, without having to give a reason. The day the government tells me who I have to hire is the day "Das Kapital" is required reading

"Papers please. Please show us your papers."

"Papers please. Please show us your papers."

Probably a good time to do a reissue of "Blood is the Harvest."

See how I got that back on-topic, sort of?

I have no problem with companies not hiring someone because they said bad things about that company. It happens all the time. Shoot, NOD won't admit outspoken critics!

Start your own grading company. Put me in charge of your new message board. (thumbs u

I am just a guppy in this ocean compared to others :)

Start your own grading company. Put me in charge of your new message board. (thumbs u

I am just a guppy in this ocean compared to others :)

Think of all that credibility I bring. lol

I have no problem with companies not hiring someone because they said bad things about that company. It happens all the time. Shoot, NOD won't admit outspoken critics!

Now, Richard. Let's not cast stones towardst our NOD friends. All they need are hugs. smiley-hug.gif

I wasn't meaning too bad like I want it any other way. I meant it as too bad that people don't grasp the concept that there are very limited types of "discrimination."