• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man, single again

40 posts in this topic

I found it amusing that the part of this article that bothered me the most was this:

"To help emphasize the new start, Amazing Spider-Man will go thrice-monthly."

I hope they will go variant covers on all

Artboy99

I wonder which million dollar fan-boy was the target market for such a move?

hm

did I miss anything?

This is just crazy!

I thought having Aunt May know PP's secret identity was a terrible idea as well - little did I know it was just the opening salvo of the horrorshow to come in ASM... :pullhair:

As far as I'm concerned, the "real" ASM ended with issue #297. The McFarlane run onwards is all just a terrible "What If?" story to me now. I quit reading ASM after the Sins Past debacle and from, what I read in the hobby press, it's only gotten worse from there - sad to say, I will probably never read this title again. :(

Let's see here is the crazy nutweed things that has been happening in the

ASM title alone in the past decade with mighty Joe at the helm...

- ASM gets it's number set to #1

- Green Goblin never died (which makes ASM 122 worthless)

- Spidey gets corny new iron man suit in civil war

- Aunt May is not dead (makes ASM 400 a waste)

- Spidey joins the Avengers

- Spidey twins show-up out of nowhere and are offspring of Norman Osborne and Gwen Stacy

- Spider man reveals himself as Peter Parker on national TV

- Aunt May (who's suppose to be dead) gets shot and we're suppose to care

- Spider-man reincarnates himself in a cocoon after a riddiculiously long 2nd battle with Morlun

- Spiderman makes a deal with Mephisto saving Aunt May while erasing the relationship with MJ

- Harry Osborne isn't dead and appears out of nowhere (making Spect 200 more worthless)

- ASM gets it's correct numbering back in issue 500

- Spidey returns to black suit to look cool (only to pump up the Spidey 3 movie I guess)

did I miss anything?

This is just crazy!

Maybe I need to write Stan Lee and tell him I will buy more issues

if they get rid of this overbearing clown!

UUUGGHH!

WOW !! thank God I read DC :insane:

just kidding, DC is just as bad with a "Crisis" every other year. :juggle:

so I wonder how long it's going to take

for JQ to get Stan Lees permission to

make Peter Parker gay???

I mean seriously - I don't think anything can surprise me at this point.

:tonofbricks:

lol

I laugh only because I half expect it now. :sorry:

I see Parker being a little bi-curious for a couple of issues, hanging out in the gay areas of New York. Furry spider-man outfit.

FFreak.......And your familiar w/ these seedy gay area's ....how?........BH... :baiting:

make Peter Parker gay???

lol

I see Parker being a little bi-curious for a couple of issues, hanging out in the gay areas of New York. Furry spider-man outfit.

FFreak.......And your familiar w/ these seedy gay area's ....how?........BH... :baiting:

make Peter Parker gay???

lol

I am from New York. I knew some homos

On a serious note, Amazing Spider-man has always been my favorite book. Not to go all fan boy, but I really like the character of Peter Parker and it makes it really difficult to stop reading the book. Why? Because, even with as much as they have screwed with the book, the character of Peter Parker has pretty much remained true, with the exception of the short time around the 2nd clone .

I am in total agreement that Joe Quesada has made horrible decisions in his time at Marvel, and Alex Alonzo or whatever his name is (Spider-man editor) has been just as guilty. If you consider the ridiculous that has happened, especially since Strazcynski took over, it is almost unbelievable. I am in firm belief that Brian Bendis should be the one and only in control at Marvel. Hopefully at some point, Joe Q will be gone.

make Peter Parker gay???

lol

Did you just say homos? Oh Lord. doh!

make Peter Parker gay???

lol

Did you just say homos? Oh Lord. doh!
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

make Peter Parker gay???

lol

:applause:

Posted this in the modern section too.

You know this whole story has made me feel like I have just lost all faith in Marvel.

Here's how I think you could of just easily worked around all this *spoon*.

First off, the Aunt. She is old, she is nasty, she is used up, kill her. She serves no freaking purpose.

Second, your right. No SANE man would trade his hot wife for a stupid shriveled prune of an Aunt. I mean for sake, she is your aunt. Not your mother, not your sister, she is your mom's sister. Screw it, bury her.

Third. We have all been around the block a few times. If they didn't really want him to be married, create some havoc/story where all of Pete's time is taken up in it and MJ wants out. Easy, they seperate for awhile and if readers want her back, have her back. If not, imagine a scene where he is being served with divorce papers. Is this just a bit to realistic, sure. But guess what Joe... this *spoon* happens all the time. Get with it, people split up.

Fourth: Why exactly can't he be married? Marriage is realistic enough so therefore the end of a marriage should be just an easy and realistic to write.

Fifth: Marvel is SOOOOOOOO IGNORANT that they think people will be willing to buy this *spoon* 3x per month at a cost of $3.99 I believe. Sure, they just released #546 and they are already 4 issues behind but I don't see people buying 3 copies a month of a story none of us really wanted.

Sadly I think this is the end of ASM for awhile for many of my customers. I haven't seen orders for anything that was released after #545 but I am assuming they will drop fast.

I don't recall anyone saying they wished he wasn't married or anything like that so exactly why Marvel decided that was their focus with this is beyond me. IMO Joe Quit Qrying baby wanted it this way and that is why he did it.

Jeasus, I am the only one who thinks Marvel has gone WAYYY downhill since Stan left his seat of power?

Posted this in the modern section too.

You know this whole story has made me feel like I have just lost all faith in Marvel.

Here's how I think you could of just easily worked around all this *spoon*.

First off, the Aunt. She is old, she is nasty, she is used up, kill her. She serves no freaking purpose.

Second, your right. No SANE man would trade his hot wife for a stupid shriveled prune of an Aunt. I mean for sake, she is your aunt. Not your mother, not your sister, she is your mom's sister. Screw it, bury her.

Third. We have all been around the block a few times. If they didn't really want him to be married, create some havoc/story where all of Pete's time is taken up in it and MJ wants out. Easy, they seperate for awhile and if readers want her back, have her back. If not, imagine a scene where he is being served with divorce papers. Is this just a bit to realistic, sure. But guess what Joe... this *spoon* happens all the time. Get with it, people split up.

Fourth: Why exactly can't he be married? Marriage is realistic enough so therefore the end of a marriage should be just an easy and realistic to write.

Fifth: Marvel is SOOOOOOOO IGNORANT that they think people will be willing to buy this *spoon* 3x per month at a cost of $3.99 I believe. Sure, they just released #546 and they are already 4 issues behind but I don't see people buying 3 copies a month of a story none of us really wanted.

Sadly I think this is the end of ASM for awhile for many of my customers. I haven't seen orders for anything that was released after #545 but I am assuming they will drop fast.

I don't recall anyone saying they wished he wasn't married or anything like that so exactly why Marvel decided that was their focus with this is beyond me. IMO Joe Quit Qrying baby wanted it this way and that is why he did it.

Jeasus, I am the only one who thinks Marvel has gone WAYYY downhill since Stan left his seat of power?

No you're not the only one. I will read for a couple more issues and make the decision on whether to stop collecting the title that I have been reading religiously for over 20 years non stop.

On a serious note, Amazing Spider-man has always been my favorite book. Not to go all fan boy, but I really like the character of Peter Parker and it makes it really difficult to stop reading the book. Why? Because, even with as much as they have screwed with the book, the character of Peter Parker has pretty much remained true, with the exception of the short time around the 2nd clone .

I am in total agreement that Joe Quesada has made horrible decisions in his time at Marvel, and Alex Alonzo or whatever his name is (Spider-man editor) has been just as guilty. If you consider the ridiculous that has happened, especially since Strazcynski took over, it is almost unbelievable. I am in firm belief that Brian Bendis should be the one and only in control at Marvel. Hopefully at some point, Joe Q will be gone.

Bendis or Brubaker could fix this mess!

No, you're not alone. I had been reading ASM since ‘64; quit the title during the Osborne/Gwen Stacy trash. Over 40 years as a faithful reader. Out of curiosity I picked up a couple books during the Civil War. I would love to collect the title again if it was shown some modicum of respect from Marvel. Many long time readers have given up on this book in the past few years. What a shame.

I am in firm belief that Brian Bendis should be the one and only in control at Marvel. Hopefully at some point, Joe Q will be gone.

You kidding? BMB's ret-con with the Skrulls is almost as bad as this - he's trying to wipe out 20 years of continuity also. "Illuminati" was the single most insulting comic of the year until this Spdey bs.